THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 05:07:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Du Bois Falcon Cam UMass Library  (Read 9596 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 10-May-13, 10:59:22 AM »

http://www.library.umass.edu/falcons  Wow, great view!!

Reminds me of Rfalconcam

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 10-May-13, 11:11:02 AM »

Wow! Great view!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-Jan-15, 05:11:35 AM »

http://www.gazettenet.com/home/15261546-95/beloved-peregrine-falcon-on-mend-after-rescue-from-snowbank story

Beloved peregrine falcon on mend after rescue from snowbank!  (the male)

AMHERST — A male peregrine falcon that has been the star of a popular webcam feed at the University of Massachusetts is recovering from injuries it suffered Thursday. Those who watch the falcon believe he may have crashed into something

PatriciaRose
Juvie

Like Count: 23

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-Jan-15, 11:51:41 PM »

Hope he is OK after a little R & R  2thumbsup

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.”
~~Edwin Markham
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18-Jan-15, 06:30:01 AM »

Poor little guy.  pray

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22-Jan-15, 06:28:37 AM »

http://www.umass.edu/newsoffice/article/du-bois-library-falcon-fathered-34-chicks  He died!  crying

It was suspected that the falcon hit a power line, perhaps while landing near a transformer, got his left wing tip tangled, and suffered an electrical shock that extended to his left leg and caused him to fall to the ground.

French said the library nesting box will likely be home for a new peregrine family this spring, probably with the same female. “They mate for life, but they don’t mourn for a minute,” he said. “I expect that you have a replacement at the library already.”   Shocked

Fly Free!

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22-Jan-15, 08:45:40 AM »

How sad!  He was definitely a patriarch, with 34 chicks.   Sad

That's an interesting comment on mourning.  I'm not sure if it was mourning or just confusion, but I sure remember how Dot.ca stood on the SE corner of the nestbox for over an hour after Unity was killed, looking down Broad Street at the spot where she died.  Then Beauty came back that evening and Pigott took up residence at BS, and all hell broke loose!  What a time that was!  Beauty and Dot.ca are such a good team now that it's hard to imagine they had a such a rocky start three years ago. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22-Jan-15, 01:19:30 PM »

That's an interesting comment on mourning.  I'm not sure if it was mourning or just confusion, but I sure remember how Dot.ca stood on the SE corner of the nestbox for over an hour after Unity was killed, looking down Broad Street at the spot where she died.  Then Beauty came back that evening and Pigott took up residence at BS, and all hell broke loose!  What a time that was!  Beauty and Dot.ca are such a good team now that it's hard to imagine they had a such a rocky start three years ago. 

They've come a long way baby-Beauty and DC have proven that it's all about adding to the species population and not about feelings for each other.  heart heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
PatriciaRose
Juvie

Like Count: 23

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22-Jan-15, 06:36:32 PM »

They've come a long way baby-Beauty and DC have proven that it's all about adding to the species population and not about feelings for each other.  heart heart

Well, they certainly are great parents! And who knows...maybe theirs is a slow growing love story  Wink

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.”
~~Edwin Markham
Penelope99
Juvie

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12-Apr-16, 07:54:38 AM »

First egg for Sorel, the female of Du Bois Library born near Montreal.

http://www.library.umass.edu/falcons/
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12-Apr-16, 08:17:18 AM »

clap And it looks like a cold, rainy day there at UMass today.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Penelope99
Juvie

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19-May-16, 06:06:18 PM »

Sadly the first falcon hatchling has passed away. He has been removed from the nest. It appears the hatchling's demise was due to choking on food.  crying

The chick will be placed in the Massachusetts Natural History Collection at Morrill Science Center at UMass Amherst.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19-May-16, 07:07:27 PM »

Choking??? Oh my, so sorry!!  Sad

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: