THE FORUM

20-Apr-24, 10:41:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not Much Change For Quest  (Read 5120 times)
Yarak
Forum Bot
Bot
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 95

Keeping falcon fans connected

View Profile
« on: 09-Nov-09, 02:45:13 PM »

It certainly looks like Quest is settling in near Kingston, Ontario.  With the exception of a quick visit to Olcott, New York on the 30th of October, she's been pretty consistent in her movements north of Lake Ontario.  So it seems, for the most part, Quest will be a guest of our friends...

Link:
http://rfalconcam.com/imprinting/?p=915

This is an automated post.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 09-Nov-09, 04:38:37 PM »

O Canada!
Our Quest’s adopted land!
True peregrine love in all thy kaks command.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09-Nov-09, 06:42:49 PM »

O Canada!
Our Quest’s adopted land!
True peregrine love in all thy kaks command.

I thought you were singing the South Park song at first...then NOT!!  wave

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11-Nov-09, 01:47:16 PM »

I took a chance and emailed the Lennox Power Plant to ask if they could keep an eye out for Quest and also sent them the link to the Imprints page.   I got a reply today!!

"Thank you for the email containing the link to the website. Very interesting. I have notified folks around the station about this and they will keep any eye out for Quest. We have a falcon nesting box on the top east end of the Powerhouse. It has never had an occupant. We will watch to see if Quest visits it."

I hope you guys don't mind I did that?  I would go out there myself but I don't drive and it's about 2 hours from here so I thought why not just ask as they no doubt would notice a peregrine falcon hanging out there if she does go to the nest box.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11-Nov-09, 01:51:38 PM »

I took a chance and emailed the Lennox Power Plant to ask if they could keep an eye out for Quest and also sent them the link to the Imprints page.   I got a reply today!!

"Thank you for the email containing the link to the website. Very interesting. I have notified folks around the station about this and they will keep any eye out for Quest. We have a falcon nesting box on the top east end of the Powerhouse. It has never had an occupant. We will watch to see if Quest visits it."

I hope you guys don't mind I did that?  I would go out there myself but I don't drive and it's about 2 hours from here so I thought why not just ask as they no doubt would notice a peregrine falcon hanging out there if she does go to the nest box.

Thanks Carly...good job... I hope Quest likes it there and it has a ready made nest... thumbsup

valhalla
« Reply #5 on: 11-Nov-09, 02:12:57 PM »

Thanks Carly...good job... I hope Quest likes it there and it has a ready made nest... thumbsup

This is Great News!  Thanks so much, Carly!   2thumbsup
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11-Nov-09, 02:38:28 PM »

I took a chance and emailed the Lennox Power Plant to ask if they could keep an eye out for Quest and also sent them the link to the Imprints page.   I got a reply today!!

I hope you guys don't mind I did that?  I would go out there myself but I don't drive and it's about 2 hours from here so I thought why not just ask as they no doubt would notice a peregrine falcon hanging out there if she does go to the nest box.

This is great news and thanks, Carly!  Maybe someone there will see her and get a picture of her for us!

Kris

« Last Edit: 11-Nov-09, 04:33:34 PM by Shaky » Logged

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11-Nov-09, 04:59:02 PM »

Good for you, Carly!!!  Great that they know about her!!!  And a nestbox too!!! 2thumbsup 2thumbsup

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: