THE FORUM

17-Apr-24, 08:17:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seneca Towers Falcons  (Read 104316 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 05-Jul-15, 10:56:52 AM »

wub2 wub2
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 05-Jul-15, 11:00:07 AM »

What a cutie!   heart

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 05-Jul-15, 11:02:11 AM »

Lovin this!!  heart

(I think MAK should get the honor of naming this little beauty)    thumbsup

I agree Donna...  clap

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 05-Jul-15, 01:00:28 PM »

Just an FYI that Dana and I found the juvie yesterday afternoon. It was only for a moment before it flew south down river. I let the watchers know, including Joyce and MAK. We needed verification before announcing. Joyce saw all 3 together last night and MAK also saw them this morning. Yesterday we could not be sure that this wasn't a visiting juvie. That Genesee hadn't flown down river. Now we know for sure. Billie and Seth have a little one.  A juvie that must have fledged at least a couple days ago. clap

Peregrines know no borders.....
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 05-Jul-15, 01:04:38 PM »

Just an FYI that Dana and I found the juvie yesterday afternoon. It was only for a moment before it flew south down river. I let the watchers know, including Joyce and MAK. We needed verification before announcing. Joyce saw all 3 together last night and MAK also saw them this morning. Yesterday we could not be sure that this wasn't a visiting juvie. That Genesee hadn't flown down river. Now we know for sure. Billie and Seth have a little one.  A juvie that must have fledged at least a couple days ago. clap
That is GREAT

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 05-Jul-15, 01:08:04 PM »

Also, this is a Mariah and Kaver great grand baby and is very dear to many of us.  wub2

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 05-Jul-15, 02:48:19 PM »

Fantastic news!  Very happy for them and all of you!  Hope the little one continues to do well.  thumbsup
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 05-Jul-15, 03:53:17 PM »

newyearbd Spectacular news! Wonder if we'll ever find out where Billie and Seth nested. MAK, they're your close neighbors, so I think you should choose the name.

Dot in PA
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 05-Jul-15, 04:42:41 PM »

Joyce said she was working on a falconwatch post, but in the meantime she shared this album on FB

https://plus.google.com/photos/103506887401231004704/albums/6168102998538601009

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: 05-Jul-15, 08:02:38 PM »

Posted already on Watcher's Weekend, but appropriate to post here.  Congratulations FalconMa Mak!!  While you weren't thrilled with your move to ST, LOOK what happened!  As if you hadn't looked.  And God must have a great plan for you because he has given you the falcons during your recovery.  You are blessed.  I can't wait to see, read, hear about the next chapters in this saga.  Fingers crossed that both pair accept their territories.  Seems to be the case so far.  With youngsters I believe the adults are more than tolerant of another pair that can help with parenting.  But we will see.

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 05-Jul-15, 10:09:18 PM »

Posted already on Watcher's Weekend, but appropriate to post here.  Congratulations FalconMa Mak!!  While you weren't thrilled with your move to ST, LOOK what happened!  As if you hadn't looked.  And God must have a great plan for you because he has given you the falcons during your recovery.  You are blessed.  I can't wait to see, read, hear about the next chapters in this saga.  Fingers crossed that both pair accept their territories.  Seems to be the case so far.  With youngsters I believe the adults are more than tolerant of another pair that can help with parenting.  But we will see.

I truly am blessed Bonnie! See ya soon!! wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 12-Jul-15, 12:45:53 AM »

Update from Seneca Towers-there are 2 juvies!!! Both were on the west side railing tonight when Donna and I came home from todays Watcher weekend watch and get together. Joyce came over and got pics of them and videos that Donna and I took this morning confirm 2 juvies playing and not Seth and Bith as we thought. So exciting-another juvie in Rochester! And another Mariah & Kaver great grandbaby!! Hot diggity dog people!!!! Carly also stopped by to check the Seneca Towers falcons-she, Donna and I came up with Sellie Se for Seth and llie for Billie to call this newest juvie. No leg bands to ID for sure but Bith is noticeably darker than Sellie. These are by no means their official names just what I am using when I refer to them in tweets and in my watch reports unless or until they get official names.

Click on the link below of my snippets from the day. You'll see Seth on the railing. A juvie knocks him off and then another juvie knocks that juvie off not Seth, as we thought at the time. Donna's video shows the 2 juvies better and Joyce has pics of them. I'm sure they will post them at some point.

http://youtu.be/8t5QMm4dSas

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 12-Jul-15, 01:29:37 AM »

Two juvies at ST! This are great news!  yahoo

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 12-Jul-15, 06:46:05 AM »

What a wonderful weekend you are all having! Sorry to miss it.
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 12-Jul-15, 08:58:43 AM »

With so much sadness observed at so many nests this year this is truly a blessing.  Nature can seem cruel at times but it's news like this that shows us the joy and wonder.  Congratulations MAK!  I can't think of a better person to be on the front lines with this new Rochester family.

I second that!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: