THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 10:17:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest (2008) and Skye - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 314634 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 12-Jun-15, 10:21:56 AM »

Boys will be boys!  whistle

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 15-Jun-15, 01:06:22 PM »

All is well
June 13, 2015 - Toronto - Don Mills

Marion Nash Reports:

Arrived at Harlequin at 6:45pm. For the first 15 I could only find one on the top of Harlequin. Then the screaming started and a 2nd falcon juv came in. I waited for another 30 min then packed it in. No sooner did I shut the door when the falcon witching hour started. Quest was on top of 220 on top of the white box. I then spotted harper in front of her. The two on the harlequin building were kline and berkley.

Then the flying began. Kline was the first to fly and he did a circle around the pink building come to rest on the white box where Quest was. Quest flew to the Harlequin building. Kline followed her there landing on Donna office. Quest took off agian. Now Berkley wanted in so he circled the pink building and then circled the harlequin building and landed on the 220 building. BTW they never stopped screaming. Harper was happy to just lay in the sun occasionally getting up to flap his wing. He also had a full crop.

Quest Kline and Berkley continued to fly back and forth. Only once did Kline scare me as he looked like he was heading for the window at Harlequin. Quest also noticed he did not have the height and chased him around to avoid the building.

Amazing

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2015/06/sightings/all-is-well-10/

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 21-Jun-15, 02:53:46 PM »

Fly boys!

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2015/06/sightings/the-fly-boys/

Quest and Skye go after an Osprey!   scared blue

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2015/06/sightings/quest-meets-osprey-osprey-meets-quest-quess-who-has-a-few-less-feathers-and-looses/

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 30-Jun-15, 10:40:15 PM »

June 28, 2015 - Toronto - Don Mills

Ann Brokelman Reports:

Harlequin today June 28
Arrived at 3pm in the pooring rain.
Could not see any Falcons until I went behind 240. There was quest sitting in the rain. I drove to the other side and saw skye on his normal spot on 240.
Figured kids were nearby.
Went back to watch quest. Love the feathers wet when she started to preen.
Didn’t last long as Kline came flying in screaming. On Kline arrival on ledge away flew quest to the pink building. Kline complained then flew off.

Went back to parking lot at 220. Sat with Windows down watching skye preen and then take off. I heard another scream. Found Harper on the 3rd floor of 240. Skye came in to where Harper was. Did not see any food.

At this time another juv landed on 220 on the ne corner. He was there 30 seconds He Took off over the 401 with quest on his heals.

Now I decided to leave to find out my car was dead. Battery problems. Had to wait an hour for CAA so wandered looking for more Falcons.

As I walked down stairs in flew Harper on the hydro line. Not a good combination rain and hydro. Luckily he flew off very low to ground across road and landed back on 3rd floor.

Time to go home. Harper was on the 3 Rd floor facing wall.

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2015/06/sightings/sunday/ Pics

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 30-Jun-15, 11:29:21 PM »

clap

-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: 07-Jul-15, 03:21:04 PM »

Caught Quest & Skye at the NB bowing!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 01-Nov-15, 04:48:03 PM »

Just read this on the Harlequin site..bummer.  Sad

Harlequin Falconcam Flies the Coop

Due to network security concerns, the Harlequin Falconcam will no longer be operating.

However, our resident falcons are still very much around and we have an active interest in their well-being. Several Harlequin employees are enthusiastic participants in the annual fledge watch to ensure the safety of the juvenile birds.

To continue following the progress of Quest, Skye and their future hatchlings, please visit the Canadian Peregrine Foundation site and click on the Toronto/Don Mills location.

Harlequin encourages anyone who wishes to learn more about peregrines, pledge support or discover what they can do to help this threatened species to visit the Canadian Peregrine Foundation at Peregine-Foundation.ca.

Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 01-Nov-15, 05:57:21 PM »

I'm so sorry to hear that. At least we can still follow Quest and Skye on the Canadian Peregrine Foundation site.  Which reminds me - was there ever any official word or updates on Kendall?

Dot in PA
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 01-Nov-15, 06:10:06 PM »

I'm so sorry to hear that. At least we can still follow Quest and Skye on the Canadian Peregrine Foundation site.  Which reminds me - was there ever any official word or updates on Kendall?

Dot in PA

Hi Dot, my source tells me Kendal is doing well but is not releasable due to his extensive injuries. He'll make a wonderful education bird.  wave

-John Burroughs
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 01-Nov-15, 07:16:01 PM »

Thanks, MAK

Dot in PA

Hi Dot, my source tells me Kendal is doing well but is not releasable due to his extensive injuries. He'll make a wonderful education bird.  wave
[/quote]
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 28-Dec-15, 06:43:42 AM »

Quest at the Nest with a Winter Visitor
December 27, 2015 - Toronto - Don Mills

Bruce Massey Reports:

I attended the Duncan Mill Road site on Saturday to check in on Quest and Skye.  I found Quest in the nest box doing some house cleaning, moving several pebbles around as I watched.  She stepped out into view on the porch and I was able to confirm her band number at that time in my scope.  A male was perched on 240 Duncan Mill Road and I turned the scope on him for a view.  My initial look caught red tape on the USFW that he bears on his right leg.  Knowing that this is not consistent with Skye, I called Tracy for a consultation.  I continued to focus my attention on the male and was finally able to get a read on his band number.  This male is donning a solid black recovery band marked W over 78.  This is McKenney from the Amexon nest site hatched in 2014.

Last year, Skye migrated in late fall and Quest spent the winter with a visitor then as well.  Lucky, at the time a one year old and also from the Amexon site, spent time around the territory with Quest until spring when Skye returned.  Lucky then moved on to take over the Etobicoke Sun Life nest site territory where he is currently the resident male.

It is quite possible that this is the same scenario as last year.  Skye has migrated for the winter and Quest has chosen to remain.  A young male finds his way into the territory and spends the winter until the man of the house returns.  We do believe that this is the case and we will look for Skye’s return in the spring.  This is the exact same situation that we see at the William Osler site every winter now so it is not extremely out of the ordinary.  The best news that comes out of these observations is that McKenney has come a long way from the young fledgling watched over a year ago by the Amexon team and is looking very much a dapper little man.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 06-Mar-16, 09:20:34 AM »

Duncan Mill Road update! Bruce was out to the site yesterday and had both adults on site. He was able to confirm their band numbers and Quest is happy that Skye is now home from migration! Not only were the two actively flying about the territory and visiting the nest box but copulation was on the agenda as well. Spring is on it's way!

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 06-Mar-16, 10:22:09 AM »

yahoo

-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 06-Mar-16, 04:42:46 PM »

Wonderful news!

Peregrines know no borders.....
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted