THE FORUM

18-Apr-24, 11:46:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brookfield Maine Eagle Cam  (Read 5331 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 21-Jun-14, 12:02:25 AM »

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/brieaglcam#

Not a good cam to watch right now!

June 20, 2014 — bald eagle, Eagle, eaglecam, Maine, nature

From the info that I’ve seen, it appears that the larger eaglet has attacked and killed or severely wounded the smaller eaglet.  (update: just after I posted this, the smaller eaglet was seen getting up!)  Watchers note that the smaller one may have also injured the eye of the larger one during the fight.  I did not see it happen, but those that did see the fight,  say it was the most horrific and gruesome thing they have witnessed on a nestcam.  In the past week, food deliveries have diminished, with virtually no food delivered in the last day, and no food for the smaller one for the last 3 days.   This nest has had too much tragedy in the last few years, and this is so hard to see happen.    link to cam (provided with caution):

Good grief these eaglets are brutal!!  Shocked

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 21-Jun-14, 09:38:28 AM »

From the info that I’ve seen, it appears that the larger eaglet has attacked and killed or severely wounded the smaller eaglet.  (update: just after I posted this, the smaller eaglet was seen getting up!)  Watchers note that the smaller one may have also injured the eye of the larger one during the fight.  I did not see it happen, but those that did see the fight,  say it was the most horrific and gruesome thing they have witnessed on a nestcam.  In the past week, food deliveries have diminished, with virtually no food delivered in the last day, and no food for the smaller one for the last 3 days.   This nest has had too much tragedy in the last few years, and this is so hard to see happen.    link to cam (provided with caution):

Everyone commenting sound like the one has died and I hear/see the other crying out for food.  I wonder if something has happened to the parents...why aren't they at least feeding the larger one?

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21-Jun-14, 11:25:35 AM »

Everyone commenting sound like the one has died and I hear/see the other crying out for food.  I wonder if something has happened to the parents...why aren't they at least feeding the larger one?

That big eaglet was crying all morning!! Hope at least she gets fed! Very sad!!

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28-Jun-14, 10:22:29 PM »

any news has the eaglet been fed?  Sad
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29-Jun-14, 09:11:09 AM »

any news has the eaglet been fed?  Sad

From what I've read on chat, the remaining Eaglet is being fed well by the parents.

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29-Jun-14, 12:17:27 PM »

Thanks Kris
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: