THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 01:34:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Voyager Found Injured in Kitchener, Ontario  (Read 15398 times)
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 24-Jul-14, 03:35:28 PM »

What awful news. Rest in peace, Voyager  crying heart  Sad

Dot in PA
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24-Jul-14, 03:43:54 PM »

Dammit!

At least you had a chance to know the sky...

Fly free Voyager!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
glothom
Fledgling

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24-Jul-14, 03:58:18 PM »

So very sad.  crying  Fly free and high, Voyager!  falcon

glo...
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24-Jul-14, 05:42:56 PM »

Oh no, poor Voyager. Fry Free young one! So sorry Larry!  crying heart

I'm so glad I was there to watch her take her first flight! She was our "ladder" girl, the first to use that awesome tool!  heart
« Last Edit: 25-Jul-14, 06:12:15 AM by Donna » Logged

AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24-Jul-14, 06:15:02 PM »

This is terrible news. I am so sorry for the loss of this courageous, beautiful young falcon. It sounds as if some time must have elapsed after Voyager was injured before she was found, for her to have lost so much weight. Poor Voyager. I wish they had been able to help her.
crying crying heart
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24-Jul-14, 06:27:52 PM »

Heartbreaking news. Fly high and free, dear Voyager..you'll never be forgotten.  sorrow

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24-Jul-14, 07:31:08 PM »

Fly free, dear little one and know you were loved.  At least she had the chance to be a falcon and soar  crying crying

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24-Jul-14, 10:12:25 PM »

Fly free dear Voyager.  It was a joy and an honor to watch you learn to become a master of the sky.  I will never forget you.   Sad heart

Peregrines know no borders.....
WLABarb
Eyas

Like Count: 8

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24-Jul-14, 10:32:24 PM »

Thank you, FlaDonna, for emailing me this news before I read it for myself.

I'd like to share my reply to Donna, and her very wise answer...
"Thanks for the warning, Pal. I was just looking at her pictures on my wall calendar. Sadly these accidents happen all the time in the wild, but we're unaware of most of them. Therefore the creature suffers a cruel death. Thankfully she was found, was in good, caring hands and sent on her way the most humane way possible. All this is said with my wise mind. So why am I blubbering, and sick to my stomach?  :^("

Donna's reply was, "Because you reason with your mind and feel with your heart."

Many thanks to those who found and cared for Voyager. Larry, I'm especially sorry for your loss." She did, however, survive past that year mark, which is something to be acknowledged and celebrated.
Barb
« Last Edit: 24-Jul-14, 10:38:44 PM by WLABarb » Logged
NoraH
Juvie

Like Count: 26

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 25-Jul-14, 12:08:24 PM »

Awww fly free Voyager  Sad  That sounds like a falcon that had a lot of guts and gumption.
bess440
Eyas

Like Count: 15

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 25-Jul-14, 12:14:36 PM »

You will be missed, Voyager.  Fly free  crying
Christiane
Eyas

Like Count: 7

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25-Jul-14, 12:46:30 PM »

So sorry to hear of the loss of Voyager, but, at least she got a chance to soar and do what falcons do.  She'll be in many hearts forever with all those we still remember today. . .  Christiane
valhalla
« Reply #27 on: 25-Jul-14, 01:24:34 PM »

I do hate when this happens!  RIP Voyager.   angel
loheron
Fledgling

Like Count: 23

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25-Jul-14, 01:26:15 PM »

Last year I had the privilege of naming one of the baby falcons at the Times Square Building in Rochester NY.
The name I chose for her was 'Voyager'. To me, it emphasized the adventurous nature of the peregrine falcon, and the best in spirit of people when they are moving forward with life to whatever our destiny is.
I learned today, that as often happens in nature, Voyager had to be euthanized in Canada after an apparently savage battle.
One in five peregrines makes it to year two. Voyager did not make it, but in her time, I'm sure, she carried on the spirit of the peregrine, and contributed her part in this recovering species' proud legacy and awesome future.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25-Jul-14, 01:54:07 PM »

Last year I had the privilege of naming one of the baby falcons at the Times Square Building in Rochester NY.
The name I chose for her was 'Voyager'. To me, it emphasized the adventurous nature of the peregrine falcon, and the best in spirit of people when they are moving forward with life to whatever our destiny is.
I learned today, that as often happens in nature, Voyager had to be euthanized in Canada after an apparently savage battle.
One in five peregrines makes it to year two. Voyager did not make it, but in her time, I'm sure, she carried on the spirit of the peregrine, and contributed her part in this recovering species' proud legacy and awesome future.

I'm so sorry, Larry.  Voyager was a beautiful Peregrine who'll never be forgotten by the many who loved her.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: