THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 06:05:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing profile pic  (Read 7609 times)
PatriciaRose
Juvie

Like Count: 23

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« on: 22-Aug-14, 12:38:38 AM »

I originally uploaded a pic off of my computer, but I would like to change it to a nice shot of Nor'Easter that one of the watchers took.  I uploaded it to tinypic as an avatar photo and copied the link into the forum spot for it.  The pic comes up, but every time I hit "change", it reverts back to my uploaded computer pic.  What am I doing wrong? confused

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.â€
~~Edwin Markham
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 22-Aug-14, 01:33:25 AM »

Post the tinypic link here, and I will make it your avatar.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22-Aug-14, 05:54:46 AM »

I just saved whatever pic I wanted for my avatar and clicked upload in the profile section and that was it. It takes a few minutes for the pic to actually change. I just hit refresh a few times and new avatar shows up. I never tried the URL way yet.  confused

PatriciaRose
Juvie

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22-Aug-14, 09:32:14 AM »

Thank you Shaky!  Much appreciated!

http://i61.tinypic.com/e0s64n.jpg

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.â€
~~Edwin Markham
PatriciaRose
Juvie

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22-Aug-14, 09:38:26 AM »

I just saved whatever pic I wanted for my avatar and clicked upload in the profile section and that was it. It takes a few minutes for the pic to actually change. I just hit refresh a few times and new avatar shows up. I never tried the URL way yet.  confused

I tried that Donna, but it kept going back to my original upload- it was really strange! lol  crazy

~~Edwin Markham
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22-Aug-14, 09:42:03 AM »

I tried that Donna, but it kept going back to my original upload- it was really strange! lol  crazy

It does that Patricia, will take a few minutes or longer to change, just keep refreshing the HOME page. It will appear!

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 22-Aug-14, 10:11:02 AM »

Thank you Shaky!  Much appreciated!

I'm seeing the image in the link as your current avatar -- a juvie on a corner of the building with its wings outstretched at the 1 and 11 o'clock positions. (Is everyone else seeing this?) If you're not seeing this as your avatar, clear your browser cache if you know how or simply quit and restart your web browser.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22-Aug-14, 10:20:55 AM »

I'm seeing the image in the link as your current avatar -- a juvie on a corner of the building with its wings outstretched at the 1 and 11 o'clock positions. (Is everyone else seeing this?) If you're not seeing this as your avatar, clear your browser cache if you know how or simply quit and restart your web browser.

Yes, that is what I'm seeing.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22-Aug-14, 10:58:44 AM »

That's what I'm seeing too! I changed mine as a test and it changed immediately!!

PatriciaRose
Juvie

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23-Aug-14, 12:07:35 AM »

That's what I'm seeing too! I changed mine as a test and it changed immediately!!

Yes that did the trick, that's Nor'Easter! Thank you, Shaky!  2thumbsup

~~Edwin Markham
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: