THE FORUM

25-Apr-24, 10:26:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blessings to California...  (Read 5788 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« on: 24-Aug-14, 11:05:31 AM »

Hope everyone ends up being well after this earthquake. Friends in the area felt it, and I have no doubt that there will be damage. As long as everyone is ok!! Bless.
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 24-Aug-14, 11:06:21 AM »

Linked at:

http://abcnews.go.com/Live/
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24-Aug-14, 12:54:59 PM »

Very sad..lots of structural damage, fires, power lost..people injured with some critical.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24-Aug-14, 02:21:51 PM »

Just so sad!!  Sad

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24-Aug-14, 03:02:10 PM »

I contacted Barb from LA to see if she felt the earthquake-she is 6 or 7 hours south from the epicenter and suffered no effects.  I hope NCAfalcon is ok-I believe the NCA stands for Northern California where the earthquake occurred. Hopefully any other members living there fared ok. Let us know please!  pray

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24-Aug-14, 03:50:25 PM »

I contacted Barb from LA to see if she felt the earthquake-she is 6 or 7 hours south from the epicenter and suffered no effects.  I hope NCAfalcon is ok-I believe the NCA stands for Northern California where the earthquake occurred. Hopefully any other members living there fared ok. Let us know please!  pray

Absolutely!!! May you all fare well!!!
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24-Aug-14, 04:42:26 PM »

I too hope that everyone is ok.  Please let us know!  

Peregrines know no borders.....
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24-Aug-14, 04:48:45 PM »

I see NCA has been on here today but I did message her to let her know we were thinking of her.

NCAFalcons
Juvie

Like Count: 51

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24-Aug-14, 05:03:00 PM »

Hi All!

wave

Thank you for your kind words.

We are okay.  I live about 50 miles south, in the east bay area.  We did feel it.  It was more of a rolling quake and not as powerful at our location. I was up late last night and hubby was sleeping in his chair, so we went to bed very late.  Hubby was watching tv, and I had been listening to radio (I really enjoy listening to local law enforcement scanners), and had just fallen asleep when he asked me if I was shaking my leg.  Took about 2 seconds to realize we were having an earthquake.  Our 3 dogs slept through it. So, fortunately, for us no damage.

I turned the radio back on to hear an officer radio into the dispatch center to be prepared for 911 calls, but of course the dispatchers felt it too.  I checked the USGS website and at that time, they had not determined the magnitude.  I kept checking Twitter feeds for our local news channels, but didn't see any information on damage, etc. so, we went to sleep around 4am (as a matter of fact MAK - I saw your first tweet from this morning at 3:36 our time).

When I woke up this morning, grabbed for my phone like normal to check MAK's updates and saw all the damage from the quake.  Honestly, I was shocked to see the pictures.  It really struck me that with all the gas line and water main breaks, fighting the fires are hard.  They did have a few critical injuries, and upgraded a few others based on the need for immediate orthopedic surgery.  There was a child who was injured and flown to UC Davis Medical center (great hospital - my nephew receives pediatric cardiac care there).  From what I understand, injury numbers are rising due to clean-up activity (broken glass). Most of initial injuries were lacerations from stepping on broken glass.

My parents live about 75 miles northeast of epicenter and didn't feel anything.  Mom said she went to sleep around 2am and slept through it.

Overall, I know there were people injured and I know there were some fires, but I think Napa and the surrounding communities fared pretty well for a 6.0 quake.  Most of the damage I'm seeing is on older/historic buildings with brick facades, broken glass and some crumbling brick chimneys, outside of the damage caused due to gas line breaks/fire. I guess if it has been in our backyard and we had the damage Napa and some of the other communities are facing, I would probably be responding differently!

Thank you for all your well wishes.

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24-Aug-14, 05:09:38 PM »

Thanks for the update, NCAFalcons!  I've been thinking of you and hoping you were okay and that you would post when possible.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24-Aug-14, 05:32:04 PM »

Good to hear from you, NCA..glad everything's OK!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24-Aug-14, 06:28:23 PM »

Thanks NCA!  good news   wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24-Aug-14, 08:29:58 PM »

Glad you and the family are okay NCA.  Hope everyone else is too, scary times.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24-Aug-14, 08:36:44 PM »

Glad you are all OK NCA! That one area really got hit in Napa.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24-Aug-14, 10:23:25 PM »

Thanks for letting us know that you are ok NCA!

Peregrines know no borders.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: