THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 01:37:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter Storm Juno!  (Read 9627 times)
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« on: 26-Jan-15, 07:56:43 AM »

I know that many forum members are in the path of this nor'easter coming up the east coast.  Stay safe! 

snow2 natale3 shiver blustery snowing

Peregrines know no borders.....
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 26-Jan-15, 08:00:01 AM »

I know that many forum members are in the path of this nor'easter coming up the east coast.  Stay safe! 

For sure!!!! Stay toasty, everyone! You do enough for us, you Falcon Watchers, so take some time off and do not drive in anything nasty!

tongue2
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26-Jan-15, 08:02:48 AM »

Suppose to get 2 feet on top of the 8 inches we got on Saturday! Did I say, "I love snow?" I may retract that statement! Thanks Carol!

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26-Jan-15, 08:09:10 AM »

Thankfully Rochester (NY) will get very little snow from this storm.  It is expected to stay south of us.  They are saying 1-3 inches by evening and another possible 1-3 overnight.  Nothing compared to what the folks in the path of this storm will be getting!

Be safe Donna!   yes

Peregrines know no borders.....
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26-Jan-15, 11:17:55 AM »

Donna, Ei, Ginny and everyone else on the east coast stay hunkered down until the storm passes and I'll be praying the worst you have to deal with is shoveling your way out!  pray

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26-Jan-15, 11:29:52 AM »

Donna, Ei, Ginny and everyone else on the east coast stay hunkered down until the storm passes and I'll be praying the worst you have to deal with is shoveling your way out!  pray

... or rationing the mulled wine.
Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26-Jan-15, 02:34:15 PM »

Thanks, MAK !  We're in the 18" to 24 " band right now!  I don't mind the snow just hope we don't lose power-that's what makes it awful !!

Lynne in New Hampshire
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26-Jan-15, 02:59:13 PM »

Thanks MAK!

And no spirits at home, Bobbie...phoo!

We've moved into the 6"-12" band now...better than the 12"-18" we were in this morning. Hopefully it actually does stay on the other side of the Hudson.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26-Jan-15, 04:42:43 PM »

I can make mulled wine!!! We have spirits!! No one wants to see a drunk shoveler!! I have no clue what we are getting, the numbers keep changing. 2 feet is last I heard. NYC, Long Island, they are getting hit. The storm is coming up the coast, 2 inches per hour and it's around the Norfolk area according to the news!! I go out every hour to keep a jump on it. Tomorrow we get the surprise when we wake up! We go on! Thanks MAK!!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26-Jan-15, 05:13:02 PM »

I need to give kudos to the boss who....VERY grudgingly FINALLY gave me permission to stay home tomorrow.

PHEW!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
NoraH
Juvie

Like Count: 26

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26-Jan-15, 06:10:26 PM »

I echo the wish that everyone stays safe that is in on Juno!  I also agree with Lynne and hope no one loses power for an extended length of time.  blustery  Now if NE Iowa would get enough snow to cover all the ground instead of having a lot of bare patches..............I know, be careful what I wish for.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26-Jan-15, 07:03:08 PM »

I can make mulled wine!!! We have spirits!! No one wants to see a drunk shoveler!! I have no clue what we are getting, the numbers keep changing. 2 feet is last I heard. NYC, Long Island, they are getting hit. The storm is coming up the coast, 2 inches per hour and it's around the Norfolk area according to the news!! I go out every hour to keep a jump on it. Tomorrow we get the surprise when we wake up! We go on! Thanks MAK!!

Way easier on the back to shovel every so often instead of waiting til it's done snowing. I think at this point the wind will be more trouble than the snow. Good luck people and stay safe!  wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26-Jan-15, 08:02:19 PM »

Stay safe, everyone, and check your roofs too..several collapsed from heavy snow in Buffalo during Snowvember last year!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26-Jan-15, 10:48:24 PM »

I wanted to get the first shoveling done before bed but there's barely 1/2" right now. We'll see what the morning brings.

carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27-Jan-15, 05:16:59 AM »

Stay safe everyone. snow2 snow2 snowing blustery
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: