THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 06:12:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Montreal 2015  (Read 31634 times)
Penelope99
Juvie

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 15-Sep-15, 10:26:45 PM »

Wow!!! the mtq agents of the mffp and firefighters of Montreal? What important falcon this Achille! 

thumbsup
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 15-Sep-15, 11:59:33 PM »

I wonder what that mesh was for.  confused

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 16-Nov-15, 02:32:51 AM »

Caught a momentary bonding session at the nest today. The female was Spirit, but the male was not Arthurin. This male was banded, while Arthurin is unbanded. I am pretty sure that the male at the nest today was Éole.

He left, and Spirit stayed to do some work on the nest. Now eleven years old, she looks really good.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 16-Nov-15, 10:57:21 AM »

Caught a momentary bonding session at the nest today. The female was Spirit, but the male was not Arthurin. This male was banded, while Arthurin is unbanded. I am pretty sure that the male at the nest today was Éole.

He left, and Spirit stayed to do some work on the nest. Now eleven years old, she looks really good.

On FB, they said this was Eole, who was with Spirit last winter before Authurin came on the scene.  Eole successfully nested with a female at another location last nesting season so why he's back here is strange.  A female named Eve (who nested last season with a male named Aeolus) was seen with Eole in this box a few days ago.  Strange happenings there.  stupid Isn't Eole also the son of Spirit and Roger? 

AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 16-Nov-15, 11:25:52 AM »

On FB, they said this was Eole, who was with Spirit last winter before Authurin came on the scene.  Eole successfully nested with a female at another location last nesting season so why he's back here is strange.  A female named Eve (who nested last season with a male named Aeolus) was seen with Eole in this box a few days ago.  Strange happenings there.  stupid Isn't Eole also the son of Spirit and Roger? 

You are right, Kris. I did not have a really good look at the bands, but I am about 99% sure it was Éole. My pics are from yesterday.

It was posted on FB that Éole and Ève were both in the nest two days ago. Spirit returned, and told Ève to leave. There was no battle, and Ève left immediately.

Éole and Ève raised four chicks this year at l'Église St-Marc. Éole had returned there after being displaced by Arthurin. Éole is the French form of Aeolus; Ève was his previous mate, and he went back to her.

Éole is indeed the son of Spirit and Roger.

The question might be, where is Arthurin? I had not seen anyone at the nest for a while, and the cams were down quite a bit. Spirit was at the nest again this morning.
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 16-Nov-15, 01:37:04 PM »

Mother and son. Not unheard of in nature, I know, but also not good.   Shocked

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 16-Nov-15, 04:03:20 PM »

You are right, Kris. I did not have a really good look at the bands, but I am about 99% sure it was Éole. My pics are from yesterday.

It was posted on FB that Éole and Ève were both in the nest two days ago. Spirit returned, and told Ève to leave. There was no battle, and Ève left immediately.

Éole and Ève raised four chicks this year at l'Église St-Marc. Éole had returned there after being displaced by Arthurin. Éole is the French form of Aeolus; Ève was his previous mate, and he went back to her.

Éole is indeed the son of Spirit and Roger.

The question might be, where is Arthurin? I had not seen anyone at the nest for a while, and the cams were down quite a bit. Spirit was at the nest again this morning.

I thought it was Eve that had nested with Eole this past spring but got confused when they threw the name Aeolus into the mix..lol!  I really liked Authurin with Spirit..he was a good mate.  Maybe he migrated and Eole came to keep Momma company for the winter like last year?

AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 18-Nov-15, 10:01:01 AM »

I thought it was Eve that had nested with Eole this past spring but got confused when they threw the name Aeolus into the mix..lol!  I really liked Authurin with Spirit..he was a good mate.  Maybe he migrated and Eole came to keep Momma company for the winter like last year?

I like Arthurin too; once Spirit showed him how to incubate, bring her food, etc., he did a really good job. I was hoping that someone else might have seen him at the nest recently. You may well be right that he could have migrated. Spirit does not come from a migratory family, but since Arthurin is unbanded, we have no idea where he came from or whether he migrates.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 18-Nov-15, 10:38:27 AM »

I like Arthurin too; once Spirit showed him how to incubate, bring her food, etc., he did a really good job. I was hoping that someone else might have seen him at the nest recently. You may well be right that he could have migrated. Spirit does not come from a migratory family, but since Arthurin is unbanded, we have no idea where he came from or whether he migrates.

Hope to see him this spring.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 18-Nov-15, 10:40:01 AM »

Polly and Algo checking out the nest box that was installed for them but never used..hope they like it!

http://youtu.be/kEAqkPqEdz4

AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 18-Nov-15, 11:08:27 AM »

Thank you for posting that, Kris! It's really good to see Polly and Algo at the nest box. I hope they will accept it this time around. It would be so much safer for eggs, chicks and parents, and so much better for protection from the elements.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 18-Nov-15, 02:00:54 PM »

Thank you for posting that, Kris! It's really good to see Polly and Algo at the nest box. I hope they will accept it this time around. It would be so much safer for eggs, chicks and parents, and so much better for protection from the elements.

I hate where they nest now so it would be great if this works out!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 18-Nov-15, 03:05:20 PM »

I love that nest, side perches for mom and dad to watch over the babies!! Very cool, hope they use it too!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: