THE FORUM

24-Apr-24, 08:24:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Spirit Bluff Falcons 2015  (Read 8339 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 29-Jun-15, 01:47:14 PM »

Awesome news!  thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29-Jun-15, 02:28:20 PM »

Great news for them this year!  Strange so many places I follow or read about that their fledglings hang around the nest site way after fledging yet ours never seem to. Usually, once they leave, that's it in ever seeing them there again.

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29-Jun-15, 03:25:29 PM »

Great news for them this year!  Strange so many places I follow or read about that their fledglings hang around the nest site way after fledging yet ours never seem to. Usually, once they leave, that's it in ever seeing them there again.
Except for last year here in Rochester.  That 2014 quartet was tight.  They all came back to the nestbox every night to sleep for several nights after fledging.  I think part of that was because the length of time between the first Mercury's fledge and Tesh's accidental fledge was considerable, and the fact that Nor'easter was injured coming back to the nestbox and Nettie stayed with him there for a few days.  Sadly, the only one who came back to the nestbox this year, even for a brief visit, was our dear Bronx.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29-Jun-15, 03:33:50 PM »

Except for last year here in Rochester.  That 2014 quartet was tight.  They all came back to the nestbox every night to sleep for several nights after fledging.  I think part of that was because the length of time between the first Mercury's fledge and Tesh's accidental fledge was considerable, and the fact that Nor'easter was injured coming back to the nestbox and Nettie stayed with him there for a few days.  Sadly, the only one who came back to the nestbox this year, even for a brief visit, was our dear Bronx.

i guess I don't remember that they came back after everyone was healed and gone.  I did think of Bronx when I wrote my post..his last goodbye.  Sad

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: