THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 08:02:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beauty: The most photographed Peregrine  (Read 11110 times)
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« on: 14-Apr-15, 08:16:07 AM »

"Beauty is Dorothy’s most photographed offspring."

It’s true that Beauty is Dorothy’s most photographed offspring. In fact, she’s the world’s most photographed Peregrine falcon, and quite possibly the world’s most photographed bird. Maybe even the most photographed living thing.
« Last Edit: 18-Apr-15, 02:00:26 PM by Shaky » Logged
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 14-Apr-15, 08:59:42 AM »

It’s true that Beauty is Dorothy’s most photographed offspring. In fact, she’s the world’s most photographed Peregrine falcon, and quite possibly the world’s most photographed bird. Maybe even the most photographed living thing.

We love to photograph her!!!!! heart

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16-Apr-15, 10:05:37 AM »

flash  I had no idea she was but it doesn't surprises me. After all, she is the Beautyful one!!!!   heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 16-Apr-15, 11:01:00 AM »

flash  I had no idea she was but it doesn't surprises me. After all, she is the Beautyful one!!!!   heart

It helps that she has 1-5 cameras photographing her every single minute she is near the nest box.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16-Apr-15, 12:07:32 PM »

It helps that she has 1-5 cameras photographing her every single minute she is near the nest box.

Cams get her every angle!!  thumbsup

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-Apr-15, 07:10:12 AM »

Cams get her every angle!!  thumbsup
and also the paparazzi that chase her around town when she does leave.  Grin

oh camera meister, great computer guru we Thank you for keeping everything running smooth you are our hero  notworthy
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 17-Apr-15, 08:44:15 AM »

and also the paparazzi that chase her around town when she does leave.  Grin

oh camera meister, great computer guru we Thank you for keeping everything running smooth you are our hero  notworthy

You're welcome, but let's not forget that this is a team.

Thank June Summers and the Genesee Valley Audubon Society.
Thank Rich Calabrese and his team at Times Square Associates.
Thank Jenny Landry and the DEC for their stewardship of Peregrine falcons.
Thank the veterinarians and rehabilitators who take care of sick and injured falcons.
Thank Animal Control and the RPD for keeping our streets safe for falcons and watchers alike.
Thank Netsville and the other sponsors of Rfalconcam.
Thank the many donors who contribute generously.
Thank the reporters, bloggers, and tweeters who inform the public about our falcons.
Thank our many watchers who follow our falcons 365 days a year.

And thank you for caring.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-Apr-15, 08:59:07 AM »

oh camera meister, great computer guru we Thank you for keeping everything running smooth you are our hero  notworthy

Thank the veterinarians and rehabilitators who take care of sick and injured falcons.
Thank Animal Control and the RPD for keeping our streets safe for falcons and watchers alike.
Thank the reporters, bloggers, and tweeters who inform the public about our falcons.

It would be nice if individual donors were given recognition on here once again...none have been listed on here since 2012.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17-Apr-15, 09:12:09 AM »

While we're thanking the whole cast and crew, let's not forget ....

Although the nest box is no longer at the Kodak Tower, that is where it all began.  There were a whole bunch of folks, including Brad Carney, Kenn Martinez, Tom Hoehn, and many others, that put those first cameras up that took those first pictures of Mariah and her first mate Cabot-Sirocco.  Without them, we wouldn't have the fantastic Rfalconcam that we now have.

Also all the folks, including Mike Allen from the DEC, June Summers and myself, who installed the two nest boxes (after the nest box was taken down at Kodak), one at the Powers Bldg and one at the Times Square Bldg.  We all know that the falcons decided that the Times Square nest box was the best location.

There are so many people that are no longer involved that made all of this possible.   clap  

Peregrines know no borders.....
Penelope99
Juvie

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17-Apr-15, 09:47:08 AM »

Is the nest box still at Powers bldg?
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17-Apr-15, 10:00:15 AM »

Is the nest box still at Powers bldg?

Yes, it is.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17-Apr-15, 10:01:24 AM »

It would be nice if individual donors were given recognition on here once again...none have been listed on here since 2012.

Hopefully, very soon Kris.   wave
« Last Edit: 17-Apr-15, 11:49:28 AM by Shaky » Logged

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 17-Apr-15, 12:13:57 PM »

and also the paparazzi that chase her around town when she does leave.  Grin

oh camera meister, great computer guru we Thank you for keeping everything running smooth you are our hero  notworthy

Although the nest box is no longer at the Kodak Tower, that is where it all began.  There were a whole bunch of folks, including Brad Carney, Kenn Martinez, Tom Hoehn, and many others, that put those first cameras up that took those first pictures of Mariah and her first mate Cabot-Sirocco.  Without them, we wouldn't have the fantastic Rfalconcam that we now have.

Also all the folks, including Mike Allen from the DEC, June Summers and myself, who installed the two nest boxes (after the nest box was taken down at Kodak), one at the Powers Bldg and one at the Times Square Bldg.  We all know that the falcons decided that the Times Square nest box was the best location.

There are so many people that are no longer involved that made all of this possible.   clap 

Technically, BC was thanking those responsible for "keeping everything running smooth" today. That's why I didn't bring up the parties that started it all.

But if we truly want to give thanks to the "creators," let's not forget those members of the anonymous unaccountable management structure at Kodak who pulled the plug on Birdcam in 2006, two years before the nest box was removed from Kodak tower. Without them, there surely would be no Rfalconcam.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17-Apr-15, 12:33:02 PM »

And the list just goes on and............................

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17-Apr-15, 12:53:36 PM »

Although the nest box is no longer at the Kodak Tower, that is where it all began.  There were a whole bunch of folks, including Brad Carney, Kenn Martinez, Tom Hoehn, and many others, that put those first cameras up that took those first pictures of Mariah and her first mate Cabot-Sirocco.  Without them, we wouldn't have the fantastic Rfalconcam that we now have.

Also all the folks, including Mike Allen from the DEC, June Summers and myself, who installed the two nest boxes (after the nest box was taken down at Kodak), one at the Powers Bldg and one at the Times Square Bldg.  We all know that the falcons decided that the Times Square nest box was the best location.

There are so many people that are no longer involved that made all of this possible.   clap  

Technically, BC was thanking those responsible for "keeping everything running smooth" today. That's why I didn't bring up the parties that started it all.

But if we truly want to give thanks to the "creators," let's not forget those members of the anonymous unaccountable management structure at Kodak who pulled the plug on Birdcam in 2006, two years before the nest box was removed from Kodak tower. Without them, there surely would be no Rfalconcam.

It's always good to remember what was.  The good and the bad.  Plus all the people mentioned and unmentioned that make this all possible.  There are many.  Thanks to all!   clap

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: