THE FORUM

20-Apr-24, 04:38:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Watcher's Weekend 2015  (Read 39105 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 08-Jul-15, 09:07:46 PM »

Since the juvies are spending more time in the gorge, I'm thinking a better place to gather would be at the west end of the pedestrian bridge. People can park on Mill St., Platt St., and Browns Race. Additional parking is available at the High Falls garage.

They seem to me to be around TS...FCT...WW in the morning & the gorge in the afternoon. Maybe start with breakfast by the Library & head over to the gorge once the sun starts beating us up.

Any thoughts are welcome!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 09-Jul-15, 05:59:47 AM »

Since the juvies are spending more time in the gorge, I'm thinking a better place to gather would be at the west end of the pedestrian bridge. People can park on Mill St., Platt St., and Browns Race. Additional parking is available at the High Falls garage.

They seem to me to be around TS...FCT...WW in the morning & the gorge in the afternoon. Maybe start with breakfast by the Library & head over to the gorge once the sun starts beating us up.

I do apologize-after reading Carol's watch report I realize this wasn't a question and the decision was already made. Guess I better update the event...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
birdmusic
Fledgling

Like Count: 14

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 09-Jul-15, 07:51:55 AM »

I am planning to come.  Can't wait!

Wendy
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 09-Jul-15, 07:57:20 AM »

I am planning to come.  Can't wait!

Wendy

Excellent! Can't wait to see you again!

PatriciaRose
Juvie

Like Count: 23

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 09-Jul-15, 10:07:22 AM »

Something has come up so unfortunately not going to be able to make it Sat. Hope you all have a wonderful day of watching our great pefas! 2thumbsup

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.â€
~~Edwin Markham
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 09-Jul-15, 10:19:01 AM »

We'll miss you, Patty!

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 09-Jul-15, 10:53:04 AM »

Something has come up so unfortunately not going to be able to make it Sat. Hope you all have a wonderful day of watching our great pefas! 2thumbsup

Can you come out and play on Sunday morning?? I hope so!  Sad

Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 09-Jul-15, 10:53:43 AM »

Maybe you can join us on Sunday morning? You are part of the local watcher's group now.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 09-Jul-15, 11:28:59 AM »

Well phooey! I was so looking forward to meeting you. If you're able we'll be watching into the evening & Sunday too.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 09-Jul-15, 11:32:53 AM »

Thursday update...

Moving to the west end pedestrian bridge at 8AM. I know most of us will be out on the bridge earlier than that.

We will be tweeting & posting any changes in location, but I know some people can't access stuff on the road. Last year I set up an email account rfcwatcherweekend@gmail.com ... if you might miss a tweet or post & you'd like to send me your cell number I can send a text if there's a change in location. Unless your # changed, I have Pat C., Lukka, Bonnie, Lynne & Bob, Diana, Kat, & Kris G.

Still need to hear from Larry

Anything I'm forgetting?

Eileen
Lynne & Bob
Pat C
Carol P.
MAK
Kat Nagel
Lisa McK
Kathy O
Bonnie
Patricia
Frank
Ruth
Carla P
Joyce
Linda (Braveheart)
Lukka
Dan
Donna & Kara
Jeanne
Shaky
Wendy (birdmusic)

And some people we haven't met yet...
Dian T
Jeffrey C
Mabeth L
Amy C M
Casey's Corner
Corrin C
Mike M
Nichole L
LadyAvalon Art
Stephanie R C
Christine

Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 09-Jul-15, 02:07:00 PM »

Maybe you can join us on Sunday morning? You are part of the local watcher's group now.
We'll be getting in on Friday afternoon and will be hanging with everyone ! Can't wait to see everyone !

Lynne in New Hampshire
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 09-Jul-15, 11:18:39 PM »

I do apologize-after reading Carol's watch report I realize this wasn't a question and the decision was already made. Guess I better update the event...

Sorry for the change.  But, we thought it would be best to meet at the pedestrian bridge.  From there you have a wide view of the downtown area.  Hopefully we should be able to see them from there and of course it would be wonderful if they came into the gorge.  If they are hanging out somewhere, we can move to that location for a closer look.  We were also afraid that the dinosaur show at the Convention Center would cause a problem with parking on the Broad St Bridge.  Can't wait to see everyone!  The weather should be wonderful!

Peregrines know no borders.....
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 10-Jul-15, 06:00:09 AM »

Sorry for the change.  But, we thought it would be best to meet at the pedestrian bridge.  From there you have a wide view of the downtown area.  Hopefully we should be able to see them from there and of course it would be wonderful if they came into the gorge.  If they are hanging out somewhere, we can move to that location for a closer look.  We were also afraid that the dinosaur show at the Convention Center would cause a problem with parking on the Broad St Bridge.  Can't wait to see everyone!  The weather should be wonderful!

No problem!

I'll be leaving directly from work...hope to get out before 1...so probably roll in around 6. I'll be following tweets so I'll find whoever is out!

Braveheart2665
Juvie

Like Count: 18

Freyja Always in my Heart

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 10-Jul-15, 09:36:54 AM »

Forgot to tell you my son (Tim) is flying in this am for a couple of days so he will be coming w/ me Sat. I have never seen the falcons in the gorge before so hope to

Follow me at Thebraveheartfiles.blogspot.com
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 10-Jul-15, 10:56:21 AM »

From Ei,
I'll be leaving directly from work...hope to get out before 1...so probably roll in around 6. I'll be following tweets so I'll find whoever is out!

Me, too.

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: