THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 02:13:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peregrines in San Josee  (Read 10686 times)
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 05-May-10, 12:37:17 AM »

Wasn't there 4 eggs?

The fourth egg has hatched but the eyas died after a couple days.  Sad

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05-May-10, 06:27:36 AM »

Wasn't there 4 eggs?

The fourth egg has hatched but the eyas died after a couple days.  Sad

Oooooooooo   Sad Poor baby.

Falconatic1
Eyas

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05-May-10, 08:37:14 PM »

Oh dear, I posted this message to a different topic about the San Jose falcons  Embarrassed.  Oh well.  At the risk of repeating myself, here is an update:
Clara and Esteban Colbert made use of their new nestbox, with laying beginning on March 2, and finally had four eggs.  The first three eyasses hatched on April 11, and the fourth on April 14.  The saddest note is that our fourth eyas did not survive.  It seemed to just "fail to thrive" and expired around April 17.  We've taken a lot of video and posted to YouTube, so you can see their progress.  We now have three very robust three-week-old eyasses, and expect fledging in about two weeks or so!

Please visit our YouTube site: http://www.youtube.com/SanJosePFA  every so often.  Every few days we try to get some new video uploaded;  they change so fast!  You can see the webcam live streaming video also 24/7 here: http://www2.ucsc.edu/scpbrg/nestcamSJ.htm

I am watching your falconcam personally, checking in on the progress of Beauty and Archer every day.  Best wishes for their first brood, falconatics!   wave

Debbie
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05-May-10, 08:44:23 PM »

Oh dear, I posted this message to a different topic about the San Jose falcons  Embarrassed.  Oh well.  At the risk of repeating myself, here is an update:
Clara and Esteban Colbert made use of their new nestbox, with laying beginning on March 2, and finally had four eggs.  The first three eyasses hatched on April 11, and the fourth on April 14.  The saddest note is that our fourth eyas did not survive.  It seemed to just "fail to thrive" and expired around April 17.  We've taken a lot of video and posted to YouTube, so you can see their progress.  We now have three very robust three-week-old eyasses, and expect fledging in about two weeks or so!

Please visit our YouTube site: http://www.youtube.com/SanJosePFA  every so often.  Every few days we try to get some new video uploaded;  they change so fast!  You can see the webcam live streaming video also 24/7 here: http://www2.ucsc.edu/scpbrg/nestcamSJ.htm

I am watching your falconcam personally, checking in on the progress of Beauty and Archer every day.  Best wishes for their first brood, falconatics!   wave

Debbie

It's OK Debbie...we're still getting used to this format too!  Thanks for the update! 

In years past I was able to follow the west coast falcons far more than I have this year, so it's good to have reports to read and videos to watch.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05-May-10, 08:48:17 PM »

It's OK Debbie...we're still getting used to this format too!  Thanks for the update!

Yeah, it's OK...I do it too. Thanks so much for explaining about the little one who didn't make it. It's sad but it sure does happen. I was watching them today, so cute at this stage.
 thumbsup

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09-May-10, 01:46:36 PM »

The little explorer...he's a long way from home!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09-May-10, 01:48:22 PM »

Out N about on a Sunday walk

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: