THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 05:24:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 33 South Sixth Street, Minneapolis Peregrines 2016  (Read 4062 times)
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« on: 07-Apr-16, 10:16:07 AM »

This historic nest site was formerly known as the Multifoods Tower. It is the site where the first hack box was placed in the early days of midwest peregrine restoration, and where MF-1 was released in 1986. She went on to be the owner of this site from 1987 until March 1995, when she was found dead in the nest box.

This year, the first egg was laid on April 4:

The second egg was laid yesterday, April 6:

http://www.thefalconsat33.com/
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 07-Apr-16, 10:29:02 AM »

For years, the resident male at this nest has been Younger, born in 2003 at the Maiden Rock nest site in Wisconsin, banded black/green 04/N. His long-time mate was unbanded.

From 2006 on, Younger was a two-nest iiercel. He had a second nest only half a block away, across the street, where he raised chicks with another female, banded black/red 22/X. For instance, in 2014 he raised three chicks with his unbanded mate at the first site, and three more with 22/X at his other site. Last year, he raised four chicks at his first site, and four chicks also with 22/X.

I thought that Younger and his mate were still the resident pair this year, but last night I found out that Younger was found dead in Minneapolis on March 17 of this year. His injuries were consistent with having been in a territorial battle. It is so sad to have lost this great tiercel.  crying
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-Apr-16, 10:32:26 AM »

Sad

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-Apr-16, 10:43:59 AM »

crying crying
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07-Apr-16, 12:21:03 PM »

Sad to hear but I would have thought he'd have died from exhaustion! I don't know how you and others keep up with the history of all the different nest sites..hats off to those who do!  bow

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08-Apr-16, 06:31:55 AM »

Half a block away?? What kept the females from going at it?? What an amazing story!! Not so much exhaustion would have killed him.......look at Archer and DC, now that is exhaustion!!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08-Apr-16, 09:33:30 AM »

Half a block away?? What kept the females from going at it?? What an amazing story!! Not so much exhaustion would have killed him.......look at Archer and DC, now that is exhaustion!!

I thought the same thing about the closeness Donna!  wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: