THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 05:00:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Share" option in photo archives is now missing in Firefox. . .  (Read 5858 times)
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« on: 02-Jun-16, 02:32:27 PM »

As of a few days ago, Firefox no longer has a "share" button in the photo archives to obtain code to post a picture.

In IE, the "share" button is there, but I can no longer log in to the forum in IE. It gives me some kind of cookie error, which it never did before.

I can still log in to the forum in Firefox.

These problems make it very difficult to post on the forum.

Please help!
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 02-Jun-16, 04:10:02 PM »

What version of firefox are you using? I'm in v 41.0.2 and the share button is still there for me.

Alternately if you click on the photo to open it (I usually do to check if it's the one I really want) there is another share button on the top.

No idea what might be up with IE. I only use it at work for one program that requires it. Everything else is in firefox.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 02-Jun-16, 04:58:51 PM »

I've tested it on IE, FF, Chrome, Safari, etc. It's working fine. Have you tried rebooting your computer?
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-Jun-16, 05:22:57 PM »

What version of firefox are you using? I'm in v 41.0.2 and the share button is still there for me.

Alternately if you click on the photo to open it (I usually do to check if it's the one I really want) there is another share button on the top.

No idea what might be up with IE. I only use it at work for one program that requires it. Everything else is in firefox.

Dumpsterkitty, the version I have of Firefox is 46.0.1.

Thank you for the tip about the share button at the top. I do normally open the photos to check them, but I'm looking at the content of the photos at that stage and had not noticed that option. Thankfully, that option is still there, so I will try that.

My other laptop does not have these problems. This one is new; I just set it up three days ago.

I think this version of Firefox may have a lot of problems. It does not allow the latest version of Flash, which comes up as already having crashed. Flash is working fine in IE, which is why I am being forced to use IE for most sites for now. Normally I use it only for a few sites such as Buffalo which are incompatible with Firefox.

Don't know why I can't log in to the forum in IE. Never had that problem before, and I haven't even blocked cookies on this new laptop.

Many thanks for  the help.

Alison
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02-Jun-16, 05:29:19 PM »

I've tested it on IE, FF, Chrome, Safari, etc. It's working fine. Have you tried rebooting your computer?

Thank you for checking this out, Shaky. Yes, IE still has the share button, but no longer allows me to log in to the forum.

I did try rebooting the computer, but it did not make a difference. The share button is still there on my other laptop, and I can log in there too. The new version of Firefox blocks using Flash and apparently also has major issues with Photobucket.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 02-Jun-16, 05:43:06 PM »

I am running FF 46.0.1 with Flash. Use this link to learn how to enable Flash on FF.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enabling-flash-player-firefox.html

For IE, try clearing cookies. Also verify that cookies are enabled.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02-Jun-16, 05:46:24 PM »

Dumpsterkitty, the version I have of Firefox is 46.0.1.

I think this version of Firefox may have a lot of problems. It does not allow the latest version of Flash, which comes up as already having crashed. Flash is working fine in IE, which is why I am being forced to use IE for most sites for now. Normally I use it only for a few sites such as Buffalo which are incompatible with Firefox.

Don't know why I can't log in to the forum in IE. Never had that problem before, and I haven't even blocked cookies on this new laptop.

Many thanks for  the help.

Alison

One good thing with firefox is you can download a prior version if the one you are using is misbehaving. The troublesome version will be gone until (as I will too often do) you accidentally click on an update reminder.

Good luck.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: