THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 06:52:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Genesee  (Read 17226 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 03-Sep-16, 08:29:46 PM »

He's all growed up!! Handsome too!!  wub2

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03-Sep-16, 09:53:26 PM »

It was so nice seeing you both Kris and Bill! I'm so happy you were able to visit with Genesee.  2thumbsup

Good to see you too!

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13-Sep-16, 09:23:30 AM »

Found a photo by MAK that shows Genesee with non-yellow feet, at least in that particular light. I knew I had one somewhere.  This was taken on the day he fledged.  As I recall, they weren't as blue as some of the others.  More of a greenish-blue.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13-Sep-16, 10:26:00 AM »

Found a photo by MAK that shows Genesee with non-yellow feet, at least in that particular light. I knew I had one somewhere.  This was taken on the day he fledged.  As I recall, they weren't as blue as some of the others.  More of a greenish-blue.

That was the first thing I noticed, after seeing pics of him this year..he has BYF now!

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24-Sep-16, 11:17:32 PM »

Bill and I decided to go see if we could see Genesee tonight and he didn't disappoint.  He wasn't there when we arrived around 6PM but shortly after, he showed up on the CGT.  I sent a text out to Joyce that he was there and I saw that she sent out a tweet. Genesee had food in his crop so spent the evening preening, resting and looking around his territory. We started our watch on the CGT side and seeing as there weren't any other watchers there tonight, we headed over to the Charlotte side.  Around 7:15, Genesee took off, flying south over the river and out of sight.  Here's a couple videos I took-

http://youtu.be/aHWn4jAP1L4

http://youtu.be/6AgiwaJIuus

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 26-Sep-16, 08:09:41 AM »

Thanks, Kris.  Great videos!  Sorry I missed you and Bill again.  I was out watching for a good portion of the morning and afternoon, but I was not home in the evening.  For those viewing the video who are not familiar with the area, I live in Summerville in the tan colored complex right behind the red-roofed Coast Guard Station. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 26-Sep-16, 09:15:59 AM »

Thanks, Kris.  Great videos!  Sorry I missed you and Bill again.  I was out watching for a good portion of the morning and afternoon, but I was not home in the evening.  For those viewing the video who are not familiar with the area, I live in Summerville in the tan colored complex right behind the red-roofed Coast Guard Station. 

We got a good view of him, by the river, next to the restaurant's outdoor eating area so we set up our chairs there.  We had a lady come up to us, asking if that was a Falcon up there. I said it was and she said she has seen him in a tree across the river and people were taking pictures of him. It must have been our watchers and they told her what he was. What a beautiful area you live in, Pat! 

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 27-Oct-16, 04:50:21 PM »

I just came across this great photo of Genesee on the rfalconcam Facebook page.  My, how he has changed!

https://www.facebook.com/138082889560335/photos/br.AbpTOLWu7gDIxwGU1WNqWlUHlQayRNoHmmkyjGLV0kf3BAgJ4GN575xo6Uugv5dJhVpXcNTcNYZfX3Vm8Jhk9Z5BIdr7cWWEYKl2FqKCOzUD6-UaQhDlnh2diF3JcJGiomz5Z3SaWjiO_uaABlZJrHxvWOuVxB1EKWskGsluh0WHMlFgAIc1HykqkK9Ke69Rlb4/852437011458249/?type=3&theater

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 27-Oct-16, 05:02:35 PM »

Link doesn't work for me.

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 27-Oct-16, 05:08:14 PM »

Ah, well, here's the pic. 

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 27-Oct-16, 07:28:42 PM »

Ah, well, here's the pic. 

wub2

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 27-Oct-16, 08:55:52 PM »

Such a cutie!  heart

Peregrines know no borders.....
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 05-Jan-17, 09:16:33 AM »

Great news!  Genesee was seen at the Summerville CGT on 1/1/17, with a mate!  I saw his pic with band numbers on the Rochester Birding Assiciation FB page yesterday.  Here's a link to their website..you have to scroll through the pics until you find them as I don't have permission to post the pic.  You can click on the picture to enlarge and clearly see his bands! clap

http://rochesterbirding.com/launch-of-last-30-days-photo-gallery/

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05-Jan-17, 10:09:06 AM »

clap 2thumbsup
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 05-Jan-17, 10:17:13 AM »

Oh, I'm so happy!!!  He found a girl!!!  Looking forward to Beauty and Dot.ca grandbabies!!!!!   clap clap

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: