THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 10:35:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: login problem  (Read 3204 times)
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« on: 25-Mar-17, 09:49:31 AM »

All this week whenever I try to log in, a screen comes up that says "You need to fill in a username" and that slot is empty. Under that prompt, there are 2 items. #1 says "this connection is not secure. Logins entered here could be compromised." #2 has my correct username to click on and move it up to the username slot that is vacant, at which point my password appears automatically.

That method does work but takes an extra step and has me worried about my login and password being compromised.  Any idea what is going on, or how to correct it? Thanks for your help.

Dot in PA
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 25-Mar-17, 10:12:22 AM »

I actually have that coming up when I log in at work. The powers that be "upgraded" our firewall security settings and I've been presuming rfalconcam was triggering it now for some reason. Maybe something else after all.
It started at about the same time I started getting security warnings for adobe flash player again.

All of the above in firefox 47.0.1

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 25-Mar-17, 10:32:11 AM »

All this week whenever I try to log in, a screen comes up that says "You need to fill in a username" and that slot is empty. Under that prompt, there are 2 items. #1 says "this connection is not secure. Logins entered here could be compromised." #2 has my correct username to click on and move it up to the username slot that is vacant, at which point my password appears automatically.

That method does work but takes an extra step and has me worried about my login and password being compromised.  Any idea what is going on, or how to correct it? Thanks for your help.

It's probably your web browser. You can try quitting and restarting, upgrading, or switching to another browser. There's also the option of staying logged in by checking the "Always stay logged in:" box.
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25-Mar-17, 01:02:20 PM »

Thank you, Shaky, but none of that solved the problem. Luckily my husband suggested a different way to log in that works just fine - instead of clicking the login button at the top, I can click on the blank bar to the right of that and choose my username from the list that comes up. Hopefully that will be a fix for dumpsterkitty too, and anyone else with this problem.

Dot in PA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: