THE FORUM

18-Apr-24, 11:09:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buffalo Falcons News - 2017  (Read 26472 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 22-Mar-18, 06:37:52 PM »

For those who don't know - Yankee got his foot stuck in the nest box the other day and it took him hours to get out.  His foot is badly injured and he's laying in the nest box right now.  He can fly but he could hardly stand up the other day and had to his wings to get up.  Very similar to Archer back in the day. It's hard to watch but he can fly so DEC can't get to him unless he goes to ground.   crying
« Last Edit: 22-Mar-18, 06:54:31 PM by carly » Logged
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 22-Mar-18, 07:02:36 PM »

For those who don't know - Yankee got his foot stuck in the nest box the other day and it took him hours to get out.  His foot is badly injured and he's laying in the nest box right now.  He can fly but he could hardly stand up the other day and had to his wings to get up.  Very similar to Archer back in the day. It's hard to watch but he can fly so DEC can't get to him unless he goes to ground.   crying

This is so so sad, poor guy!! I can't look!!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 22-Mar-18, 07:05:15 PM »

Dixie is on the perch yelling at him, she wants food and mating as her hormones are driving her.  That new box has been nothing but trouble since they put it up there.  Imagine babies in there now and they got their talons stuck in there!
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 22-Mar-18, 07:19:40 PM »

Dixie got tired of yelling and left.  Saw him hop up on one leg for a minute but he's back laying down.

Edit to add:  Dixie did eventually come back and he tried to stand but couldn't.  After awhile he literally jumped out of the box or threw himself over more like it and flew off.  No doubt off to somewhere safe as darkness fell.  Dixie still on perch.
« Last Edit: 22-Mar-18, 08:02:35 PM by carly » Logged
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 23-Mar-18, 10:14:46 AM »

Dixie laid an egg.  No sign of Yankee at all this morning according to reports.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 23-Mar-18, 11:18:46 AM »

Dixie laid an egg.  No sign of Yankee at all this morning according to reports.

Sad

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 23-Mar-18, 07:53:47 PM »

7.53 pm: No sign of Yankee today at the nest box nor from the ground by watchers.  Dixie hasn't left the nest box since she laid her egg.  
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 23-Mar-18, 08:53:43 PM »

7.53 pm: No sign of Yankee today at the nest box nor from the ground by watchers.  Dixie hasn't left the nest box since she laid her egg.  

Sad

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 24-Mar-18, 07:36:33 AM »

7.36 am and no sign of Yankee for the past hour.  Dixie has been calling for him on and off.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 24-Mar-18, 09:21:22 AM »

9.20 am and Yankee may be on the egg.  Dixie flew off, my browser crashed and by the time I got it back up and running someone was on the egg.  Can't tell from this angle if it's him but Sage is saying he limped in and took over...that would be awesome!

Edit to add:  Yankee confirmed!  Yay!  He tried to stand a second and couldn't but he looks better than yesterday.
« Last Edit: 24-Mar-18, 09:44:27 AM by carly » Logged
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 24-Mar-18, 09:45:51 AM »

9.20 am and Yankee may be on the egg.  Dixie flew off, my browser crashed and by the time I got it back up and running someone was on the egg.  Can't tell from this angle if it's him but Sage is saying he limped in and took over...that would be awesome!

Edit to add:  Yankee confirmed!  Yay!  He tried to stand a second and couldn't but he looks better than yesterday.

good news

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 24-Mar-18, 09:48:19 AM »

I should have said he looks better than day before yesterday, sorry ..was too excited..lol!  He wasn't on cam at all yesterday.  He's more alert today too - a good sign.  Hopefully Dixie is out hunting for them!
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 24-Mar-18, 01:12:41 PM »

Yankee left the nest box...bev got some video of him where you can see his foot.  Swelling has gone down from the other day.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmjTQjce81s&feature=youtu.be
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 24-Mar-18, 01:54:24 PM »

Yankee left the nest box...bev got some video of him where you can see his foot.  Swelling has gone down from the other day.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmjTQjce81s&feature=youtu.be

Foot looks quite swollen though and he's not putting much pressure on it, that I can see...poor guy.

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 24-Mar-18, 02:15:47 PM »

Foot looks quite swollen though and he's not putting much pressure on it, that I can see...poor guy.
Mariah was also (at hatch time) injured 2006. Kaver was at this day a very long time on the eggs.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: