THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 12:32:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest (2008) - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 56916 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 05-Jul-17, 05:50:33 PM »

That's great news!  good post

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 12-Oct-17, 04:57:36 PM »

Quest's baby !!! Archimedes 41/Y!  Was caught at the Tommy Thompson Park banding station today!!

Tommy Thompson Park .
1 hr · Innisfil

Today's winds hampered our banding success.
Many raptors were being pushed by very fast.
We did manage to trap 2 Peregrine falcons today, despite the adverse conditions.
The first was an adult female, already banded with a Federal band. It was banded last June, somewhere in Ontario. We are waiting on exact location from the banding office.

The second was a young male that also was banded and had a colour band as well. A few texts later we determined the bird is called Archimedes, and had fledged fron the Harlequin Building this summer.
It is always fantastic catching these city birds, as we can add a little more information to the distribution and movement from city to city.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 12-Oct-17, 05:44:00 PM »

Quest's baby !!! Archimedes 41/Y!  Was caught at the Tommy Thompson Park banding station today!!

Tommy Thompson Park .
1 hr · Innisfil

We did manage to trap 2 Peregrine falcons today, despite the adverse conditions.
The first was an adult female, already banded with a Federal band. It was banded last June, somewhere in Ontario. We are waiting on exact location from the banding office.

The second was a young male that also was banded and had a colour band as well. A few texts later we determined the bird is called Archimedes, and had fledged fron the Harlequin Building this summer.
It is always fantastic catching these city birds, as we can add a little more information to the distribution and movement from city to city.

How handsome!  wub2 Thanks, Carly! 

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 12-Oct-17, 06:05:59 PM »

Tommy Thompson Park .
1 hr · Innisfil

thumbsup good post

-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 12-Oct-17, 06:42:14 PM »

So nice to see our young ones after they leave their home territory!  wub2

Peregrines know no borders.....
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 12-Oct-17, 07:01:18 PM »

I just mapped the distance from the nest site and it's only 13 miles to Tommy Thompson Park. Archie hasn't gone far and I'll bet he visits home here and there like our Genesee did in the beginning. Maybe he'll show up in Rochester!!  Grin

-John Burroughs
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 13-Oct-17, 11:37:38 AM »

Great news! Well done, Archimedes! Stay safe wherever you travel.

What a handsome little juvie he is.

I am also curious about the identity of the adult female with a federal band.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 13-Oct-17, 01:49:11 PM »

From TPP: So we got information back on the Peregrine we caught yesterday. It turns out it was Pulse, the same Peregrine we captured last Nov at the same spot!!

She was originally banded from a clutch that were raised on the Ambassador Bridge last June.
She has completed nearly a full molt with no juvenile back or wing feathers evident. She 15 months old, making her a Second Year bird and weighed in at 1015g.

I remember she was a big bird as a Hatch Year bird!  It looks like she has made Toronto and the Toronto waterfront her new home.
« Last Edit: 13-Oct-17, 05:49:43 PM by carly » Logged
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 13-Oct-17, 11:09:01 PM »

From TPP: So we got information back on the Peregrine we caught yesterday. It turns out it was Pulse, the same Peregrine we captured last Nov at the same spot!!

She was originally banded from a clutch that were raised on the Ambassador Bridge last June.
She has completed nearly a full molt with no juvenile back or wing feathers evident. She 15 months old, making her a Second Year bird and weighed in at 1015g.

I remember she was a big bird as a Hatch Year bird!  It looks like she has made Toronto and the Toronto waterfront her new home.

thumbsup

-John Burroughs
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 14-Oct-17, 03:31:57 PM »

Thanks, Carly! She is a beauty as an adult, as she was when she was a juvie. I remember the earlier photo from last November. One of five chicks, Pulse was originally listed as a male. I wonder how her siblings are doing.

Photos of Pulse are here:

https://www.facebook.com/tommythompsonpark/posts/927422830739606
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 17-Oct-17, 11:42:47 AM »

Tommy Thompson Park .
1 hr · Innisfil

What a handsome lil fella and glad he's doing well so far! Smiley

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 27-Mar-18, 11:01:30 PM »

Sad there isn’t a functioning camera here this year.  Sad

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile