THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 02:53:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Montreal, Quebec Peregrines 2017  (Read 29528 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 25-Jul-17, 09:09:10 AM »

She's been gone a while right? How did shesurvive so long without food? Incredible story and so glad she was found. I wish her a good recovery!  heart

I think, in reading their FB page, she's been missing since around June 10th or so.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 25-Jul-17, 09:15:49 AM »

Get well Spirit! So happy they found her.  heart

Peregrines know no borders.....
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08-Aug-17, 06:35:54 PM »

Spirit update from FB.  clap

A big thank you to all the staff of the bird s' clinic for care for our dear spirit. I had a chance to hear from her today, she's getting better and better, her elbow is getting better. She eats well for herself, giving her pain meds twice a day. Drugs are in his food, so the stress caused by human contact is at a minimum. We don't know if she can fly one more day, but she's in very good hands. We can't wait to see what progress she'll make in the next few weeks under your care...

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09-Aug-17, 09:24:51 AM »

heart You go girl!!  heart  That's the Spirit!!  wub2

AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09-Aug-17, 01:10:54 PM »

A big thank you to all the staff of the bird s' clinic for care for our dear spirit. I had a chance to hear from her today, she's getting better and better, her elbow is getting better. She eats well for herself, giving her pain meds twice a day. Drugs are in his food, so the stress caused by human contact is at a minimum. We don't know if she can fly one more day, but she's in very good hands. We can't wait to see what progress she'll make in the next few weeks under your care...

Thank you for posting this update, Kris! I had been checking daily for updates, but there had been none.

I am so happy that Spirit is doing well. It is very encouraging that she has a good appetite and is eating on her own, that she is being given pain meds, and that her elbow is improving.

She is a very special falcon, with so much strength, fortitude and endless courage. I don't know whether or not she will be releasable in time, but for now she is in a very good place and receiving the best of care.  heart  heart
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 09-Aug-17, 04:58:32 PM »

Thank you for posting this update, Kris! I had been checking daily for updates, but there had been none.

I am so happy that Spirit is doing well. It is very encouraging that she has a good appetite and is eating on her own, that she is being given pain meds, and that her elbow is improving.

She is a very special falcon, with so much strength, fortitude and endless courage. I don't know whether or not she will be releasable in time, but for now she is in a very good place and receiving the best of care.  heart  heart

It kind of sounded like she might not be able to fly again..don't know, but she is a very special Falcon, for sure.

AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02-Sep-17, 12:59:43 AM »

Handsome Éole at the nest today:

Eve has also been at the nest frequently.

I keep checking for new updates on Spirit, but so far have found none.
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 13-Sep-17, 11:41:44 PM »

A short update on Spirit today, posted by Eve Belisle:

And in passing, I have had news of Spirit. She is doing well, the swelling in her elbow remains a problem, but everything else has come along very well, the range of motion in her wing is good according to the report from Dr. Fitzgerald. It is still too soon to know if she will be able to return to the wild.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 14-Sep-17, 12:14:44 AM »

And in passing, I have had news of Spirit. She is doing well, the swelling in her elbow remains a problem, but everything else has come along very well, the range of motion in her wing is good according to the report from Dr. Fitzgerald. It is still too soon to know if she will be able to return to the wild.

We must take the good with the bad and hope for the best. Thanks Alison!  wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 14-Sep-17, 06:52:07 AM »

Good news so far for Spirit.  pray

Peregrines know no borders.....
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 14-Sep-17, 09:04:19 AM »

Thanks for the Spirit update, Alison!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 14-Sep-17, 09:11:30 AM »

I love a little good news! Thank you!!

AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 13-Oct-17, 08:19:31 PM »

A new update on Spirit from Fritz Fritschi:

I had the opportunity to participate in the distribution of her meal during my trip to Chouette à Voir on September 15. She was perched in her private flight enclosure and she attacked her daily meal, which consisted of chickens. She looks very much in shape and has a good appetite, since there was nothing left of her meal from the day before. I had the opportunity to see her again on September 26, during another visit. Still with a voracious appetite. On Sunday, October 8, the same thing. One would very much like to see the staff introduce her into the large flight enclosure, in order to provide her with all the space necessary to properly assess her recovery. I believe that the future is promising. This particular Spirit has very much earned her name. An avian example of resilience if there ever was one.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 13-Oct-17, 09:23:55 PM »

I had the opportunity to participate in the distribution of her meal during my trip to Chouette à Voir on September 15. She was perched in her private flight enclosure and she attacked her daily meal, which consisted of chickens. She looks very much in shape and has a good appetite, since there was nothing left of her meal from the day before. I had the opportunity to see her again on September 26, during another visit. Still with a voracious appetite. On Sunday, October 8, the same thing. One would very much like to see the staff introduce her into the large flight enclosure, in order to provide her with all the space necessary to properly assess her recovery. I believe that the future is promising. This particular Spirit has very much earned her name. An avian example of resilience if there ever was one.

Very encouraging update, thank you Alison!  2thumbsup
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 14-Oct-17, 08:40:26 AM »

Very encouraging update, thank you Alison!  2thumbsup

ditto

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: