THE FORUM

23-Apr-24, 06:13:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Banding Day 2017 as it happened  (Read 24060 times)
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 22-May-17, 01:21:37 PM »

Our Times Square Building watcher, who may remain anonymous if he so wishes. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 22-May-17, 02:04:19 PM »

Great job, moderators!
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 22-May-17, 02:06:22 PM »

Thank you to the DEC for another successful banding day!
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 22-May-17, 02:16:03 PM »

Quick Summary:

2 females and 2 males

Seabreeze (M) - Left leg: black 25 over green BA, Right: silver
Name submitted by Judi Miller's 6th Grade Class at Enrico Fermi School #17, Rochester, NY

Ontario (M) - Left leg: black 26 over green BA, Right: blue
Name submitted by submitted by Susan Meyer of Rochester, NY and George Niessing also of Rochester and selected by RFalconcam members

Charlotte (F) - Left leg: black 87 over green BA, Right: red
Name submitted by Donna Wiedman Cook

Rachel (F) - Left leg: black 88 over green BA, Right: yellow
Name submitted by Mark Bezinque
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 22-May-17, 02:54:21 PM »

Great job by everyone and great names for all the eyases!  2thumbsup

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: 22-May-17, 03:53:42 PM »

The eyas banding information page has been updated.

http://shakymon.com/bandtable.html
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 22-May-17, 04:01:40 PM »

properly pronounced shar-LOT!

Actually, us locals who were raised near the lake have always pronounced it sha-LOT. The r is silent. However,  I'm sure Donna pronounces it shar-lit as in Charlotte, South Carolina. Just sayin'  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 22-May-17, 04:52:05 PM »

Actually, us locals who were raised near the lake have always pronounced it sha-LOT. The r is silent. However,  I'm sure Donna pronounces it shar-lit as in Charlotte, South Carolina. Just sayin'  Grin
There are actually two opinions on that.  I've heard both Sha-LOT and Shar-LOT.  I was raised about a mile from the lake and we always pronounced it Shar-LOT, with the r not being silent.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 22-May-17, 05:49:39 PM »

There are actually two opinions on that.  I've heard both Sha-LOT and Shar-LOT.  I was raised about a mile from the lake and we always pronounced it Shar-LOT, with the r not being silent.

Haha Pat! I too, was raised a mile from Charlotte and never heard it pronounced Shar-LOT until I was grown up. Many people do pronounce it that way but me and my peeps leave the r sound out of it.  yes

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 22-May-17, 06:15:24 PM »

Haha Pat! I too, was raised a mile from Charlotte and never heard it pronounced Shar-LOT until I was grown up. Many people do pronounce it that way but me and my peeps leave the r sound out of it.  yes
Well, at least we agree on the most important thing, that the accent is most definitely on the second syllable. 

Yarak
Forum Bot
Bot
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 95

Keeping falcon fans connected

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 22-May-17, 07:04:27 PM »

It was Banding Day for our Rochester Falcons today.  Our friends from the DEC (Department of Environmental Conservation) arrived this morning around 10:00 am.  On hand, to help out, were RFalconcam members June, Shaky and Carol P.  Also helping out to moderate the forum and live streaming video feed were Donna and...

Link:
http://rfalconcam.com/imprinting/?p=2889

This is an automated post.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 22-May-17, 07:13:46 PM »

Mark Bezinque shared his photos from Banding Day.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm1gQ9hF
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 22-May-17, 07:17:51 PM »

Great pics and name, Mark!  Thanks and congrats!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 22-May-17, 08:28:19 PM »

Well, at least we agree on the most important thing, that the accent is most definitely on the second syllable. 

How funny...I just wrote it the way I hear it when someone says it. I guess I hear the "r" even if it's not really there. But I did get the accent right and that's the important part Wink

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 23-May-17, 07:16:04 AM »

Listen, you all say Cah-fee, I say Caw-fee. Sounded funny calling her Cha-lot, so I figured the R would be better for her. It would be so confusing like Dot.Ca.

We can call her Char for short....like Shar as I was telling Joyce yesterday! Or Lottie, as Joyce say's!

Well, anyway, however you all say it, I'm honored to have been chosen to name one this year! Thank you guys!! I hope she goes on to live a great life and has a nest like Cadence, with a cam but with no battles! As soon as you're chosen to pick a name, you automatically feel like this chosen Falcon......is your kid! My heart is pounding already and she didn't even hop out on the poop deck yet!! I'm in for some Xanax I feel!! I just became a 1st time G'ma and now I have another to worry about! But that's me, on with the day!!
 stupid  wub2

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: