THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 07:01:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st egg for Boonshoft falcons  (Read 2515 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 20-Mar-10, 07:47:22 AM »

http://www.boonshoftmuseum.org/falconcam.html

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 14-May-12, 07:31:24 AM »

Wow, this has not been updated since 2010? I'm slacking!

http://www.boonshoftmuseum.org/programs-events/204 cam

After a shaky start, Dayton may yet have a successful peregrine falcon nest this spring.

The birds, presumed to be Dayton and Daniel, although not confirmed, began nesting in the window well on the northeast side of the Liberty Bank building in March. Open to the elements, it’s the same spot where last year’s nest failed. They had at least three eggs they were incubating this year.

One day in April they abandoned those eggs and moved to a covered box on top of the building, one of several placed on rooftops by the Division of Wildlife around the city.

“We are not sure when they stopped, because we didn’t have a good camera view,” said Diana Malas, peregrine project leader for the Division of Wildlife’s District 5 office in Xenia. “Apparently the nest failed, since the birds moved up into the box on April 14 and laid three eggs, which they are still incubating.”

If all goes well, the eggs are due to hatch May 21. The plan would be to band the chicks at three weeks of age.

The nest box can be viewed at boonshoftmuseum.org. Then click on Falconcam. You can also check out the eagles living in the Dayton well field at the Boonshoft site, clicking on Eaglecam.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: