THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 04:13:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: mystery falcon at columbus site  (Read 46484 times)
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 15-Sep-10, 08:17:06 PM »

We see such bravery on the part of these birds.  Scout, so much smaller than a human, but still protecting her baby.  Buckeye, sitting in the snow and wind to guard the eggs.  They are truly such magnificent beings.

That trash guy cannot compare to them.  I am heartsick when I think of what happened to that sweet girl

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
falconsforever129
Juvie

Like Count: 37

~~Believe In Miracles~~

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 15-Sep-10, 08:29:12 PM »

These birds put the "human" race to shame...they are loyal to their mates until death takes one of them, so protective of their little ones, they are brave birds of prey yet possess such an inner sweetness.  That inner sweetness shows in the eyes of our dear little Jemison. Even when he must have been in pain he suffered so sweetly.
When I looked at the pictures of Scout again on this post feeding her little ones I am appalled that anyone could have done such a thing to that beautiful little mother.  crying
 Fly with the angels now sweet girl falcon
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 15-Sep-10, 08:40:44 PM »

OK maybe I am a tad violent in my mind. Because I have a fantasy of hitting that bas+ard with a broom and knocking his sorry a$$ off the roof of a really tall building and see how he likes it then.
 viking
I apologize to all the gentle readers that fantasy may offend.
 Undecided
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 15-Sep-10, 08:46:17 PM »

heart I know that inner sweetness that you speak of in Jemisons' eyes.  I looked into them at less than an arms length away. This encounter changed me forever!  heart wub2

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
falconsforever129
Juvie

~~Believe In Miracles~~

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 15-Sep-10, 08:49:37 PM »

OK maybe I am a tad violent in my mind. Because I have a fantasy of hitting that bas+ard with a broom and knocking his sorry a$$ off the roof of a really tall building and see how he likes it then.
 viking
I apologize to all the gentle readers that fantasy may offend.
 Undecided

Trust me when I tell you the thought crossed my mind too...Only a real coward hurts an innocent creature.  viking Angry
falconsforever129
Juvie

~~Believe In Miracles~~

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 15-Sep-10, 08:52:26 PM »

heart I know that inner sweetness that you speak of in Jemisons' eyes.  I looked into them at less than an arms length away. This encounter changed me forever!  heart wub2

What a wonderful experience that must have been!!  heart I love that little one, he is so special.
wub2
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 15-Sep-10, 09:01:03 PM »

What a wonderful experience that must have been!!  heart I love that little one, he is so special.
wub2

heart spinning    It affected me in a very big way. I will love Peregrine Falcons forever!    yes

-John Burroughs
falconsforever129
Juvie

~~Believe In Miracles~~

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 15-Sep-10, 09:07:48 PM »

wub2

heart spinning    It affected me in a very big way. I will love Peregrine Falcons forever!    yes

He is such a little special one for sure. I hope he has a beautiful long life filled with happiness in the open skies.  I will love Peregrine Falcons forever too because that little one showed me how wonderful they are and what true bravery is.   heart spinning heart
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 15-Sep-10, 10:59:10 PM »

My Asian office mate, years ago, said that there is a saying that when a wild animal and a human's paths crossed they share a magical and mystical moment.  I thought of that with your post, MAK. 

Bird Crazy, I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 15-Sep-10, 11:56:48 PM »

hello  It kind of felt magical and mystical Jeanne. Truly a touching moment!   heart

-John Burroughs
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 17-Sep-10, 10:08:59 PM »

I am green with jealousy to have been that close to the little guy must have been wonderful. He does have a beautiful face. I hope he goes on to have a large family that we can follow when we get old and gray. I hope he settles somewhere there are watchers to let us know.
falconsforever129
Juvie

~~Believe In Miracles~~

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 18-Sep-10, 12:30:31 AM »

I am green with jealousy to have been that close to the little guy must have been wonderful. He does have a beautiful face. I hope he goes on to have a large family that we can follow when we get old and gray. I hope he settles somewhere there are watchers to let us know.

I hope so too...I would love to see him and a wonderful mate raise many sweet little ones who look just like him...He has the most beautiful face ever...filled with an inner peace and love.  heart
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 06-Nov-10, 05:00:46 PM »

State Office Tower in Columbus, Ohio.
Friday, November 05, 2010
Interloper into the Territory!
Well, all has been pretty quiet so far this fall. Durand and Trooper have been seen almost on a daily basis checking in at the ledge, scraping in the gravel and otherwise maintaining their bond with each other and to the site. I have been continuing to work on adjusting camera settings to fine tune the exposure hoping for the end result of a better view of the nestbox on bright, sunny afternoons when that corner of the ledge is usually in shadow. More work is needed but I am confident I should be able to find a happy medium. Later this month we will be updating computers which should help keep the streaming from going down so often. Keep your fingers crossed and think positively for us that the updates and adjustments result in the improvements we anticipate!
Yesterday afternoon there was excitement on and around the ledge--a third falcon appeared and caused quite a stir with Durand and Trooper. Thanks to Mick in Seattle for capturing video of altercations on the ledge as well as dramatic fly-bys.

If you missed it (like I did!), below are links to 3 videos on YouTube that highlight the action. I believe the intruder was an unbanded adult female and is the bird closest to the camera in the second clip and in the photo above. Overall, it appears as though Durand and Trooper successfully defended their territory although we will continue to closely monitor all sightings of falcons via the cams to determine any changeover in individuals. I've said it before and will say it again: this is one instance where having these birds banded really, really assists in knowing who is who. Without leg bands it is so much more of a guessing game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xjSZJYzMh4 1st

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b50g7bdVvNk part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUrP3d8FG-I part3

This went on for over 2 hours

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 06-Nov-10, 05:47:48 PM »

Wow, now that was intense! For over 2 hrs.?! They must be exhausted. Thanks for sharing Donna! gum

-John Burroughs
falconsforever129
Juvie

~~Believe In Miracles~~

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 06-Nov-10, 07:33:51 PM »

They must be exhausted....that's a long time to fight  Shocked surprise
Seriously though I hope all will be well with Durand and Trooper...that ledge has seen it's share of sadness the past few months with Scout and Swoop's sad passing.... Sad
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: