THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 06:56:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aria - 85/BA (2016)  (Read 170625 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 10-Apr-18, 03:12:23 PM »

Fight...okay I'm back.  Aria is back and fine.  Apologies if I freaked anyone out.  I was doing my work and had cam up on desktop when a falcon landed on ledge with feathers plucked out of chest and blood dripping down their leg and I lost my mind.

Went outside ..had 3 in the air and 2 female flew west on Bloor.  Stood out there for what seemed like an hour but wasn't ...Aria has returned and she' is okay.

Shocked

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 10-Apr-18, 03:17:29 PM »

I'm not even sure now if it was 2 females or 2 males, honestly I freaked out when I saw the blood and of course it was a blizzard when I ran outside and could barely see looking up.  Aria is fine, I just saw her on cam so definitely not her that is injured but she was sure making a racket.  I did see her and Lucky bonding a few minutes ago from the ground but i need to see him to make sure he's not injured.  I am off work in 15 minutes then I will go out and observe. 
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 10-Apr-18, 03:26:11 PM »

OMG! I am glad that Aria is okay, and sure hope Lucky is too.  Thanks for keeping an eye out, carly.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 10-Apr-18, 04:10:22 PM »

Thanks so much for being there!  Yikes.  I hope Lucky is ok. 

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 10-Apr-18, 04:46:22 PM »

Okay I"m home, both Aria and Lucky are okay.  I got a photo of the injured falcon, it might be a kid from last year.   You can see a bloody feather on it's chest and blood on the leg...it seemed at home and kept landing on all the ledges.  I looked everywhere to make sure no one was grounded.  Aria just wouldn't stop yelling..holy moly - if there's a fire I want her as my alarm!

**I did lighten the photo to see that it is banded so that's throwin the color off but the bird has a lot of brownish plumage unlike jet black Aria and Dark Lucky.  I think it's male now upon calming down and looking at the photo.  AT the time I took it, I just ran as I heard the yelling from inside the office.
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 10-Apr-18, 04:51:29 PM »

I'm relieved for Aria and Lucky. I hope this youngster is going to be okay, and that he moves on.  Thanks for the report.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 10-Apr-18, 04:53:29 PM »

Lucky's at the tray now.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 10-Apr-18, 05:06:12 PM »

Lucky's at the tray now.

Yes and he looks fine.  I think the noise with all the screeching and yelling made it sound worse than it was.  I also don't do well with this stuff.lol..I get panicked, more because I"m helpless on the ground than anything else.  I don't drink...but I think I might need one now..lol

Hopefully the little guy is okay and safe somewhere now  happy
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 10-Apr-18, 06:53:37 PM »

Here she is  happy
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 10-Apr-18, 07:03:44 PM »

Watching and especially hearing a territorial battle is never easy. Once you hear that sound, you'll never forget it. Hopefully the young one has learned a valuable lesson and will move on.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 10-Apr-18, 07:55:51 PM »

Okay I"m home, both Aria and Lucky are okay.  I got a photo of the injured falcon, it might be a kid from last year.   You can see a bloody feather on it's chest and blood on the leg...it seemed at home and kept landing on all the ledges.  I looked everywhere to make sure no one was grounded.  Aria just wouldn't stop yelling..holy moly - if there's a fire I want her as my alarm!

**I did lighten the photo to see that it is banded so that's throwin the color off but the bird has a lot of brownish plumage unlike jet black Aria and Dark Lucky.  I think it's male now upon calming down and looking at the photo.  AT the time I took it, I just ran as I heard the yelling from inside the office.

Definitely a first year bird. The only adult I've ever seen who still has the light feather "crown" on the back of their head is Quest.

Thanks for being there!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 12-Apr-18, 04:36:06 PM »

All calm and quiet today, mating activities continue. 
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 12-Apr-18, 07:35:07 PM »

Okay look at this egg butt - we are close now..
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 13-Apr-18, 07:09:00 PM »

Aria has a few things to say about the upcoming ice storm  hyper
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 13-Apr-18, 11:14:53 PM »

Yep, that's how I feel about it too, Aria.  thumbsdown

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: