THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 06:57:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aria - 85/BA (2016)  (Read 170548 times)
schlaf374
Juvie

Like Count: 58

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 01-May-19, 11:03:03 AM »

Just an FYI - I am keeping in touch with Mathew and bugging him weekly to ask how Aria and Indy are doing.  I've nicknamed him 'Indy' as he wasn't named Smiley

Mathew says all is well and quiet, incubation continues and he will let us know when/if a hatch occurs. 

thanks Matthew & Carly
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 01-May-19, 11:36:52 AM »

Just an FYI - I am keeping in touch with Mathew and bugging him weekly to ask how Aria and Indy are doing.  I've nicknamed him 'Indy' as he wasn't named Smiley

Mathew says all is well and quiet, incubation continues and he will let us know when/if a hatch occurs. 

thankyou

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 01-May-19, 02:14:25 PM »

good news

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 26-May-19, 08:09:02 PM »

Lucie and I went out to visit Aria today.  Sadly she only has one egg left, which we confirmed when there was a shift change, that they are both incubating diligently.  Spoke to some of the watchers there and there was 2 a few days ago but it seems another was removed.  It's been about 41 days already so we were hoping that they would have hatched by now.

She is nesting on a ledge though and most of our ledge nests have failed this Spring due to the cold, the rain and the damp weather.  

I was hoping for better news for you all and for her and Indy.  On the plus side, they are both still there and doing well.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 26-May-19, 09:09:37 PM »

Lucie and I went out to visit Aria today.  Sadly she only has one egg left, which we confirmed when there was a shift change, that they are both incubating diligently.  Spoke to some of the watchers there and there was 2 a few days ago but it seems another was removed.  It's been about 41 days already so we were hoping that they would have hatched by now.

She is nesting on a ledge though and most of our ledge nests have failed this Spring due to the cold, the rain and the damp weather.  

I was hoping for better news for you all and for her and Indy.  On the plus side, they are both still there and doing well.

That’s so sad..was thinking about her today.  Thanks for checking on her.  Sad

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 27-May-19, 12:20:17 PM »

Sad indeed. But she is young, so hopefully she'll have a thriving family someday. Thanks for keeping watch!

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 27-May-19, 02:38:46 PM »

Thanks Carly and Lucie for checking on Aria.  heart

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 09-Jun-19, 07:50:28 AM »

Aria and Indie did give up their last egg week before last.  They were then seen mating again and favoring a new ledge on one of the buildings at the complex.  Unfortunately the ledge they've chosen isn't visible to our watchers there as it's at the end of the same condo complex so there is no building next to it where you could go up and have a look across.   

So we don't know if they've successfully reclutched or not but Marlene and Mathew are both keeping an eye on them when they can.  It's a really nice area where they are, that complex backs onto a golf course and then there is a river that runs by and a nice wooded area with walking trails.  So no nasty reflective glass.  There are a few mid-rises across the street from the front of the complex them for kids to fledge to which is nice as well.  It's very open and peaceful there.

Lucie and I are both in touch with M & M so if we hear anything we'll let you know.  For now, she is safe and she has a mate and a home  heart
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 09-Jun-19, 07:25:13 PM »

Thank you so much for checking on Aria and Indie.  Hopefully they will be parents but at least they have been seen and are doing well!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 09-Jun-19, 10:12:02 PM »

Thanks Carly!

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 08-Sep-19, 09:14:15 PM »

Photos from today of Aria and Indy taken by Lucie posted to CPF Facebook!

CHECK-IN AT AN ETOBICOKE NEST SITE:

I am happy to confirm that ARIA (black/green, 85/BA, 2016 hatch from Rochester) and her mate, we call him 'INDY' as he has no official name (black/red, 13/N, a 2013 hatch from Gary, Indiana) are still the couple at an Etobicoke Private Residence.

https://www.facebook.com/Canadian-Peregrine-Foundation-149280041803853/
« Last Edit: 08-Sep-19, 09:24:11 PM by carly » Logged
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 09-Sep-19, 05:53:06 AM »

good news

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 18-Mar-20, 04:12:28 PM »

Lucie and I were hoping to go see how it's going with Aria and Indie but you know 'social distancing'.  I did get this cell phone photo from Marlene (who lives there) last night...it's not clear but it shows them on the ledge where they were last year.  I can't tell who is who in the photo but one is in the usual scrape where eggs would go.  She will keep me posted and I will pass anything on that I hear.
« Last Edit: 18-Mar-20, 04:24:06 PM by carly » Logged
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 18-Mar-20, 06:26:40 PM »

Lucie and I were hoping to go see how it's going with Aria and Indie but you know 'social distancing'.  I did get this cell phone photo from Marlene (who lives there) last night...it's not clear but it shows them on the ledge where they were last year.  I can't tell who is who in the photo but one is in the usual scrape where eggs would go.  She will keep me posted and I will pass anything on that I hear.

Thanks for the update!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 24-Mar-20, 09:01:20 PM »

Received an update today that Aria was laying in her scrape and then just awhile ago another update saying she saw an egg when she got up!   wub2
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: