THE FORUM

16-Apr-24, 02:00:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moorhead, Minnesota Peregrines  (Read 1822 times)
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« on: 26-Dec-17, 08:39:45 PM »

Earlier this year, the resident female at the Fargo nest, Miracle, born at the Sherco nest in 2004 and banded black/green 28/D, left Fargo and moved to Moorhead, Minnesota.

She found a new mate; Walsh, born at the Grand Forks, North Dakota nest in 2012, banded black/red 29/C. Walsh is a son of the great matriarch Terminator and her former mate Roosevelt.

They raised two chicks, who were named Stella and Fiona at banding. One of the chicks is banded black/red C/83, but I am not sure which one.

Fiona has now been sighted in Louisiana:

Peregrine Falcon born in Moorhead, spotted in Louisiana

(WDAY) A happy update to a story about our two baby peregrine falcons that were born this summer at the Anheuser Busch Plant in Moorhead.

Fiona the falcon now more fully grown into her feathers, was spotted by a bird watcher in Louisiana!

Above is an image from June of Stella and Fiona when they were tagged and given a clean bill of health.

Peregrine falcons are rare in the region, there are only two known nests in North Dakota.

The Urban Raptor Project says Fiona has a high chance of survival now that she's migrated south for the winter.

No word yet on where Stella has flown off to.

The link includes a short video with images of Fiona. She is a beauty.

https://www.wday.com/news/4377365-peregrine-falcons-born-moorhead-spotted-louisiana
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 26-Dec-17, 10:59:11 PM »

clap

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: