THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 12:16:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wild Wings 2018 News  (Read 2460 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 16-Mar-18, 08:03:25 AM »

Our hearts are heavy at Wild Wings as we share with everyone the passing of our beloved Bobcat, Tara.
She had been limping on her leg and while the vets were hoping it would heal, further tests on Wednesday revealed osteosarcoma or bone cancer. The only humane option was to have the vets euthanize her.
She was 21 years young and extremely active up until the last few weeks. Tara was a favorite of many and so loved. It was truly a privilege and honor for those of us who cared for her and for all our visitors to view a bobcat up close and learn about this amazing native species. It is a heartbreaking loss.
Many thanks to those of you who donate to Wild Wings and some who regularly donate to Tara specifically. You have allowed her to have the best possible care in captivity.

"I had the pleasure of meeting Tara on my visits to Wild Wings. She was fun to watch, just like a kitten." RIP sweet Tara

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 16-Mar-18, 08:37:00 AM »

Our hearts are heavy at Wild Wings as we share with everyone the passing of our beloved Bobcat, Tara.
She had been limping on her leg and while the vets were hoping it would heal, further tests on Wednesday revealed osteosarcoma or bone cancer. The only humane option was to have the vets euthanize her.
She was 21 years young and extremely active up until the last few weeks. Tara was a favorite of many and so loved. It was truly a privilege and honor for those of us who cared for her and for all our visitors to view a bobcat up close and learn about this amazing native species. It is a heartbreaking loss.
Many thanks to those of you who donate to Wild Wings and some who regularly donate to Tara specifically. You have allowed her to have the best possible care in captivity.

"I had the pleasure of meeting Tara on my visits to Wild Wings. She was fun to watch, just like a kitten." RIP sweet Tara

Sad news.  crying

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16-Mar-18, 09:15:53 AM »

sorrow kleenex

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16-Mar-18, 01:42:05 PM »

Rest in Peace Tara.  kleenex

Peregrines know no borders.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print