THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 05:51:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seneca (2008) Sighted at Brookpark Road Bridge with Mate (Cheyenne)!  (Read 308473 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 28-Apr-10, 10:35:13 AM »

I don't belong to the CMNH forum so I just view as a guest and I can get on with both our computers and even my Ipod.  Very strange that so many are having problems.

NoraH
Juvie

Like Count: 26

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 28-Apr-10, 10:38:49 AM »

Same here, I saved the link to where it started with Seneca and have always gotten it ok.  Wonder why some can't  stupid
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 28-Apr-10, 10:58:51 AM »

I don't belong to the CMNH forum so I just view as a guest and I can get on with both our computers and even my Ipod.  Very strange that so many are having problems.

ditto  I'm having no trouble getting it.

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 28-Apr-10, 12:04:37 PM »

ditto  I'm having no trouble getting it.
When I first tried to log on with my username, it failed. I was told, in a very small, almost unnoticable message in the left sidebar, that my cookie was possibly corrupted.  I cleared the cookie, reset my password, and got in fine.  Everything works fine now, whether I am a guest or logged in.

Paul
Lord G
Juvie

Like Count: 48

Peregrine Paparazzo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: 28-Apr-10, 12:17:49 PM »

Oddly I can get to Chris and Chad's pictures that Dumsterkitty is posting on this forum.  Those thumbnails link directly to the CMNH website.  But when I try to backtrack with the URL by removing the parts of the URL that refer to the location of the photos) I get the same blank screen.

I pinged the web address www.falconcam-cmnh.org and got back its IP address, but the ping request times out.  A Tracert request to either the URL or the IP address fails as soon as it leaves my local network and heads out to the broader Internet.  To me that means the DNS servers are working ok, but there might be a problem with the ISP serving up the actual pages for the site.  That being said, I'm not well-versed in internet protocols, so I don't have a solid idea of what the problem might be.  I do know its affecting multiple computers on both home and work networks, and that clearing my browser's cookies and cached documents didn't restore my ability to access the site.  Still just getting a blank white page.

UPDATE:  on IE I'm getting an HTTP 403 error.  I think this is a problem on their side, not ours.  I can get to the main CMNH site (www.cmnh.org), but the 403 error occurs as soon as I click the Falconcam link...
« Last Edit: 28-Apr-10, 12:23:51 PM by Lord G » Logged

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise"
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 28-Apr-10, 01:30:15 PM »

Jim,
I sent your comments and the link to our topic by PM (private message).  Hopefully CMNH can check into this.
Joyce
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 28-Apr-10, 01:31:12 PM »

Oddly I can get to Chris and Chad's pictures that Dumsterkitty is posting on this forum.  Those thumbnails link directly to the CMNH website.  But when I try to backtrack with the URL by removing the parts of the URL that refer to the location of the photos) I get the same blank screen.

I pinged the web address www.falconcam-cmnh.org and got back its IP address, but the ping request times out.  A Tracert request to either the URL or the IP address fails as soon as it leaves my local network and heads out to the broader Internet.  To me that means the DNS servers are working ok, but there might be a problem with the ISP serving up the actual pages for the site.  That being said, I'm not well-versed in internet protocols, so I don't have a solid idea of what the problem might be.  I do know its affecting multiple computers on both home and work networks, and that clearing my browser's cookies and cached documents didn't restore my ability to access the site.  Still just getting a blank white page.

UPDATE:  on IE I'm getting an HTTP 403 error.  I think this is a problem on their side, not ours.  I can get to the main CMNH site (www.cmnh.org), but the 403 error occurs as soon as I click the Falconcam link...

Um, me too, I get the same as you Jim...blank page that says done on FF and on IE, I get the error code 403. I cleared my cookies, history, even tried Google chrome....nada...nothing..can't even get to the sign in page. I give...I'll just read it here and thank everyone for posting about Seneca and Cheyenne.  crying

NoraH
Juvie

Like Count: 26

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 28-Apr-10, 01:40:54 PM »

I've never joined that message board.  The link I use goes right to Seneca's page and has always worked........

http://www.falconcam-cmnh.org/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?49383.10
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 28-Apr-10, 01:43:54 PM »

I've never joined that message board.  The link I use goes right to Seneca's page and has always worked........

http://www.falconcam-cmnh.org/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?49383.10

I joined a long time ago but have no clue what my user name is or password.....I just read and don't post. Like I said, never had a problem until "Seneca". I still can't get on the Cleveland site either....are they connected?

Lord G
Juvie

Like Count: 48

Peregrine Paparazzo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: 28-Apr-10, 01:51:09 PM »

Um, me too, I get the same as you Jim...blank page that says done on FF and on IE, I get the error code 403. I cleared my cookies, history, even tried Google chrome....nada...nothing..can't even get to the sign in page. I give...I'll just read it here and thank everyone for posting about Seneca and Cheyenne.  crying

I should have noted I've also tried it on Firefox, IE 7 & 8, and Google Chrome (running on WinXP Home, Professional and Windows 7 machines).  I used to have Opera installed on one of my computers but ditched it some time ago, so I can't test on that browser...

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise"
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 28-Apr-10, 01:56:15 PM »

Jim - I just clicked on the link you have to the Cleveland Museum, and then I clicked on the falconcam, and got right to it.  I am not part of the forum there, but I just viewed the live pics of the nest and the incubating family.
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 28-Apr-10, 06:27:25 PM »

I have been in contact with two of the Admins on the CMNH Forum.  I found out that if you get a blank page or Error 403... forbidden, it might be a lockout.

If someone tries unsuccessfully to log in too many times, the CMS will automatically block the IP number of the end machine to protect itself from what it perceives as an attack.

Is this only happening with people who are CMNH members trying to log in?  I told them that Jim P & Carol P were CMNH members, and was able to give them enough information so the Admin could remove the block.

Admin wrote...I don't know whether either of these people forgot their login or password or what. They tried to login multiple times with either the wrong login or the wrong password. This caused them to get locked out.  We have removed the blocks, so they can both try again. If either of them has forgotten their login or password, I can help with the login, but not the password. Carol Phillips' is CarolP.

I saw that Jim P successfully logged in after his IP was unblocked.  He told me later that he forgot his password. 

Donna, Carol, Jeanne, Birdmusic, and anyone else - if this is the same issue, please send me a "personal message" with your CMNH username.  I can get your IP address from our members list and will forward it to CMNH to unblock it.

Once they unblock your IP, you should be able to login.  If you have the correct username and don't have your password, you can click on "forget password" and reset it to enter the website.  (As MAK noted in her post, you may have to delete your cookie).

~Joyce

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 28-Apr-10, 06:49:32 PM »

I have been in contact with two of the Admins on the CMNH Forum.  I found out that if you get a blank page or Error 403... forbidden, it might be a lockout.

Once they unblock your IP, you should be able to login.  If you have the correct username and don't have your password, you can click on "forget password" and reset it to enter the website.  (As MAK noted in her post, you may have to delete your cookie).

~Joyce

YIPPEE!!  Thank you, Joyce, for taking the time to hunt someone down at CMNH! Don't know why they never responded to my original report, but that's water under the bridge...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 30-Apr-10, 10:19:41 PM »

Joyce......did you help me? I can actually get on the CMNH forums now. I  notworthy to thee. Just for the heck of it, I tried just now and it opened. Thank you from the bottom of my  heart.

2funny clap bow 2thumbsup

birdmusic
Fledgling

Like Count: 14

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 30-Apr-10, 10:28:50 PM »

I'm in now too!!!!  Hooray!  Thanks to everyone who worked on this!    clap the_wave
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: