THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 07:31:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seneca (2008) Sighted at Brookpark Road Bridge with Mate (Cheyenne)!  (Read 308481 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: 07-Mar-11, 10:35:05 AM »

The last sighting of Seneca was in January. What could have happened to her? Did she take off, did she encounter another female? Maybe we'll never know. Would she migrate in Jan? I just don't know. Guess no one does! Sad

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 07-Mar-11, 10:44:11 AM »

The last sighting of Seneca was in January. What could have happened to her? Did she take off, did she encounter another female? Maybe we'll never know. Would she migrate in Jan? I just don't know. Guess no one does! Sad

Some falcons have been known to 'vacation' during winter months - not sure where they go but it has happened and then they turn back up.  She may also have decided to find a new nest site after a failed nest site last year.  Although the area was nice, eggs rolling around on concrete is not ideal and maybe she decided to try her luck elsewhere.  I'm hoping that is all it was.  We have had falcons abandon nest sites/mates and turn up elsewhere so take heart and don't give up - she's got good strong genes!
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 07-Mar-11, 11:23:18 AM »

The one coming to my mind is Millie, Archer's sister.  2 perfectly fine years with Swifty in Ohio, then she took off to Michigan & Leopold.  Who knows why.  Hopefully we'll hear about Seneca again.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 07-Mar-11, 02:18:06 PM »

Oh Seneca, sweet baby, please be safe.  I was thinking failed nest site too

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 07-Mar-11, 06:25:37 PM »

crying

she was my favorite, Daddies little girl. Please God let her be all right.  pray
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 07-Mar-11, 09:33:14 PM »

I am disappointed and sad Cry that I may not see Seneca again.  I'm so glad that I was able to see Seneca in person with Cheyenne and little Warrior.  I was so enamored heart with Seneca and Cheyenne last year.  Seneca is my profile picture...she is one beautiful falcon!  What a bonus to have all of the wonderful photos from Chad & Chris in 2010.

Perhaps she is off wandering like her sister Quest has done for over two years. With the successful re-population of peregrine falcons, it does seem to be the way of the new falcon generation.

Joyce
valhalla
« Reply #486 on: 08-Mar-11, 05:20:47 AM »

Bummer!  That said, I'm with Joyce about perhaps she is like her sister.  Think Linn - these ladies must have the Wandering Gene.   falcon
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 08-Mar-11, 06:13:00 AM »

Maybe that's what happened to Archer too, same gene...or Callidora scared him too much last year, he's afraid to come back.  hyper Still has another week and it seems Beauty is holding out until then, keeping T at bay. I have to admit, that MR T is a real cutie.

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 08-Mar-11, 07:10:26 AM »

Archers coming its just that his time table is later than what we are used to with Kaver. Both years he showed up around the same time (I remember being worried last year) he came back the same day my TV's came home and they are not back yet either. I too think Mr T is cute so he needs to go and find a lady of his own. I really don't want him and Archer to fight. He could go up to the lady on the crane by the lake.

Seneca  wub2 I hope is just touring the lakes maybe she also likes the taste of shore birds or whatever it is Quest eats up there. Little warrior was not quite right (feathers not developed correctly) maybe Seneca thinks the problem is nest location (or Cheyenne) So she is checking out all her options.
« Last Edit: 08-Mar-11, 07:16:34 AM by Bird Crazy » Logged
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 08-Mar-11, 07:17:20 AM »

Archers coming its just that his time table is later than what we are used to with Kaver. Both years he showed up around the same time (I remember being worried last year). I too think Mr T is cute so he needs to go and find a lady of his own. I really don't want him and Archer to fight. He could go up to the lady on the crane by the lake.

Yeah I said that to MAK, he can go see the Charlotte falcon, it's just getting him there. So many single gals and he picks Beauty.

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 08-Mar-11, 07:19:29 AM »

And we don't know  where Seneca was before she was seen at that nest site.  It was a failed site-- she lost little Warrior and the other little one that was disposed of.  Hopefully she will be seen again.  She has been taught by the best-- Mariah took extra care with her. 

Anatole France
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 08-Mar-11, 07:20:44 AM »

Archers coming its just that his time table is later than what we are used to with Kaver. Both years he showed up around the same time (I remember being worried last year). I too think Mr T is cute so he needs to go and find a lady of his own. I really don't want him and Archer to fight. He could go up to the lady on the crane by the lake.

Yeah I said that to MAK, he can go see the Charlotte falcon, it's just getting him there. So many single gals and he picks Beauty.

Or to the lovely Lady Pefa down the road a bit!

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 08-Mar-11, 07:27:11 AM »

Her man never came back either or were they never really a couple?

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 08-Mar-11, 05:31:01 PM »

I would like to think that Seneca has moved on to a better nest site.  These Pefas are pretty smart about that.  Bad nest site and loss of young probably sent her on her way.  I truly hope she shows up at a safer nest site sometime soon. - Carol P.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 08-Mar-11, 05:32:21 PM »

We never witnessed copulation between Lady Pefa and the black banded male, but they were sure keeping close.  The next weeks are going to be very interesting.

Her man never came back either or were they never really a couple?

Peregrines know no borders.....
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: