THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 05:45:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seneca (2008) Sighted at Brookpark Road Bridge with Mate (Cheyenne)!  (Read 311351 times)
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: 08-Mar-11, 06:22:11 PM »

I know this is Senecas topic but have we ever gotten a confirmed ID on Lady Pefa?
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 08-Mar-11, 07:35:05 PM »

I would like to think that Seneca has moved on to a better nest site.  These Pefas are pretty smart about that.  Bad nest site and loss of young probably sent her on her way.  I truly hope she shows up at a safer nest site sometime soon. - Carol P.
Given Seneca's great genes, I also believe that she has moved on to a better nest site and better life! I believe --  as Carol does-- that we will see Seneca again.  Smart  gal!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 06-Apr-11, 06:24:11 PM »

C & C pic

Well Cheyenne and Green Girl (from Harrisburg) have an egg. Posted on the CMNH forums.

I wish them well and wonder where Seneca is!  Sad

http://www.falconcam-cmnh.org/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?57137.150

Great pics from C & C over there.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 06-Apr-11, 06:31:56 PM »

Seneca is wandering like Quest!  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 06-Apr-11, 06:38:17 PM »

Bittersweet.   Sad.   Best of luck to the new pair.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: 02-May-11, 04:52:17 PM »

Bad news reported about Seneca's former mate Cheyenne:

Just received some bad news about this site. After just posting the latest pics here, we checked our e-mail and were notified by Jenny from DOW that Cheyenne was brought in last night to the Back to the Wild rehabilitation facility in Castalia, Ohio after he was found with an injured wing in the parking lot of the Cleveland Hopkins Airport. He is supposed to get x-rays tomorrow, so hopefully we'll know more soon. We were at this site early this morning, and GG was on the eggs-- didn't stay very long, as we headed out to check some other sites for hatches. We're only a little over a week from the hatch date, but we'll have to see what GG does. We'll check back here tomorrow!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 02-May-11, 04:59:02 PM »

Oh no, poor Cheyenne. This is tragic. Thanks for the news.  Sad

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 02-May-11, 06:22:03 PM »

scared   Oh dear, I hope someone spots Seneca soon so we know she's alright. Thankfully  Cheyenne is in good hands and hopefully he will be able to return to the wild at some point.   heart
« Last Edit: 02-May-11, 09:28:35 PM by MAK » Logged

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 02-May-11, 08:07:07 PM »

That is too bad about Cheyanne; I wish him well.  It is so good that he was found and is in safe hands!  We know what rehab can do for the falcons. 
When is the last time Seneca was sighted?  I think it was earlier this winter?   
Does anyone have any info about her?
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 02-May-11, 09:09:57 PM »

That is too bad about Cheyanne; I wish him well.  It is so good that he was found and is in safe hands!  We know what rehab can do for the falcons. 
When is the last time Seneca was sighted?  I think it was earlier this winter?   
Does anyone have any info about her?

The last posting about a Seneca sighting that I ever saw on the CMNH Forum was late December. There's been no further news about her.  Sad

margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 02-May-11, 09:34:50 PM »

That's what I thought, Kris.  Thanks for verifying what I thought.  I hope we hear about her.
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 03-May-11, 07:10:27 AM »

Will GG be able to do it on her own? Poor Cheyenne hope he will be OK. I hope Seneca is spotted soon.

it'll probably be in Toronto our girls seem to show up there  Grin
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 04-May-11, 11:22:44 PM »

Cheyenne update today:

Today's update on Cheyenne... Laura called after his visit to Dr. Lindstrom. He found a slight fracture of the corocoid (collar bone), which is usually not a difficult problem to heal, per Laura. However, he had a very high white blood cell count, which Laura said could be a possible sign of some poison in his system. He also had greenish defecation, which she said is an indication of a liver problem, so they're going to do a more specialized blood panel to determine more. He's on antibiotics now, and Laura said that the prognosis for releasability is good if he recovers from his sickness.

As for GG, we were there this morning and she appears to be giving up. She didn't incubate, but stayed around the nest site. She walked in to the nest cubby and began picking at one of the eggs. We couldn't tell if she broke the egg or if it had already been broken, but she began eating some of it. She then picked up the broken egg, and with yolk dripping out she carried it out of the nest to a tree. Since the egg had that much yolk in it and we didn't see a formed eyass (which there should be with only about a week to go until the hatch date) that egg wasn't any good anyway. This may have even been the egg that they inconsistently incubated for the first week or two.

The quail was still on the railing this morning. Kim-- in our experience, peregrines have not rejected quail in rehab., although they will sometimes refuse to eat when they first enter into a captive environment. Quail is actually considered very well accepted by peregrines. If we could have gotten it into one of their cache spots under the bridge, that probably would have been the best place to put it and there would have been a better chance of her taking it.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 04-May-11, 11:28:01 PM »

What a very sad situation. Hoping Cheyenne recovers quick and GG doesn't give up completely. I feel so sorry for both families that nested there. So emotional.  crying

Thank you Kris.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 04-May-11, 11:32:44 PM »

GG with broken egg
BY C & C
sad
GG in tree after egg incident  Sad

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 41   Go Up