THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 09:52:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New chat  (Read 6333 times)
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« on: 23-May-18, 06:31:45 PM »

Ustream has changed the chat feature on our streaming video page. This is nothing we have control over.

The new chat allows anyone to post a message without having to log in first. While logging into the old "Social Stream" was always a bit of a pain, it also deterred trolls from posting inappropriate messages because they were forced to create an account first, and that account could be deactivated if they didn't behave. The only way to handle trolls on the new chat is to have a moderator ban them and delete their posts. Of course, the trolls will simply change their nickname and continue creating havoc, but good moderators will keep banning them until they get bored and finally give up.

So we are looking for chat moderators. As a moderator, your duties would be pretty simple: any time you are watching streaming video, if you see inappropriate posts in chat, delete them and ban the poster. It will only take a couple of mouse clicks.

Anyone interested?

Braveheart2665
Juvie

Like Count: 18

Freyja Always in my Heart

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 23-May-18, 08:42:00 PM »

I would be willing to

Follow me at Thebraveheartfiles.blogspot.com
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23-May-18, 09:17:13 PM »

Count me in too.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23-May-18, 10:31:16 PM »

I check in on chat once in a while but, if on, I would help.  How does it work? Delete & ban?

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 24-May-18, 06:48:01 AM »

I check in on chat once in a while but, if on, I would help.  How does it work? Delete & ban?

It's really simple. To delete a post, click on the red X. To ban a user, click on the name and select Ban.
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24-May-18, 08:29:20 AM »

I would like to help too.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24-May-18, 08:40:45 AM »

Guess I can’t do it because I’m using an iPad that doesn’t show a red X and when I click on a name, private chat only comes up...sorry.

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 24-May-18, 09:10:52 AM »

Guess I can’t do it because I’m using an iPad that doesn’t show a red X and when I click on a name, private chat only comes up...sorry.

The iPad will work. The red X shows up when you click on the post, not the name, and the X is at the end of the post. BUT it won't show up at all unless you are a moderator.

Also, you won't get the Ban option unless you are a moderator. Right now, you only get Private Chat.

I sent you a PM with details on how to become a moderator.
« Last Edit: 24-May-18, 09:17:56 AM by Shaky » Logged
falconwatcher2
Big Clutch

Like Count: 3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24-May-18, 12:13:40 PM »

Ustream has changed the chat feature on our streaming video page. This is nothing we have control over.

The new chat allows anyone to post a message without having to log in first. While logging into the old "Social Stream" was always a bit of a pain, it also deterred trolls from posting inappropriate messages because they were forced to create an account first, and that account could be deactivated if they didn't behave. The only way to handle trolls on the new chat is to have a moderator ban them and delete their posts. Of course, the trolls will simply change their nickname and continue creating havoc, but good moderators will keep banning them until they get bored and finally give up.

So we are looking for chat moderators. As a moderator, your duties would be pretty simple: any time you are watching streaming video, if you see inappropriate posts in chat, delete them and ban the poster. It will only take a couple of mouse clicks.

Anyone interested?

Shaky,

Happy to.

falconwatcher2
ColoradoKid2 wave

HatchnSoar
Fledgling

Like Count: 22

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01-Jun-18, 03:00:03 PM »

I'd be interested in being a Chat Moderator.

Sue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: