THE FORUM

24-Apr-24, 08:12:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: After many many weeks, finally I see a falcon at Travelers  (Read 20025 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 15-Apr-10, 06:21:25 PM »

Yeah, Donna's been having fits over that site!    hyper    frustrated     bang head

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15-Apr-10, 06:55:19 PM »

I just checked the Travelers Tower cam in Hartford, Connecticut and there appears to be a pair of falcons incubating eggs.  Does anyone know who the falcons are and how many eggs they are incubating?

Thanks,
Lisa McK

First Response

Hi Ms. cook:

Your e-mail was forwarded to me by the DEP Webmaster on 4/12/10.  I have not had time to study the birds from the falcon cam, so I can’t tell you if it’s the same bird.  The first egg must have been laid on Sunday 4/11.  DEP doesn’t maintain the website it is maintained by Travelers Insurance and the Children’s Museum.
(um no, the egg was laid before that) and I wrote back to tell them!

second response

Hi Donna:

I am the person at DEP that tracks this.  Thank you for your observations.  You may e-mail me at anytime.

3rd response:

The nest is on the Travelers tower in Hartford and they are the ones who update the information.  We had heard and looked at the falcon.cam at the Travelers and were excited to see the egg and then, later, Amelia sitting on it.  There is often a day or more between eggs.  Yes, everyone cares about the falcons…I have already received several notes from excited viewers…one who had captured a night visit from Amelia to the nest!  We do not know who does the updates at the Travelers.

Amelia???? Where have they been? Unless she came back, these 2 are probably the same ones from last season.

So after 3 responses, I think I know more than them...and they still won't update the page! W/E   silly

~Sage~
Juvie

Like Count: 38

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 17-Apr-10, 10:20:13 PM »

???  That is so strange!  Live cams and no one knows anything. 

One thing I don't like about this cam is it keeps popping up after I minimize it.  I keep all the cams on Internet Explorer only, and use Firefox for everything else.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17-Apr-10, 10:23:16 PM »

???  That is so strange!  Live cams and no one knows anything. 

One thing I don't like about this cam is it keeps popping up after I minimize it.  I keep all the cams on Internet Explorer only, and use Firefox for everything else.

That is annoying...every few seconds, it maximizes and it bugs me!  aaarggh

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19-Apr-10, 04:32:48 PM »

Looky what I saw on the Travelers website...

"Nest News 2010

2010 April 15 - A falcon has nested on the tower on or about April 10. As of April 15, the falcon is incubating two eggs. The first egg was probably laid on April 12 and the second on April 13."

Let's see...I'm sure it's a PAIR of falcons...24 hours between eggs?  scared blue I first saw an egg on April 10-second egg spotted April 14...

I guess we can at least say they're acknowledging that there's a scrape on their roof...better than a few days ago!  silly

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
DebbieB
Fluffball

Like Count: 3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19-Apr-10, 04:56:09 PM »

I was looking at the CMNH forum today, they have a picture with what looks like 3 eggs.   Anytime I check the cam the eggs are covered.

http://www.falconcam-cmnh.org/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?50789

I was looking at some of the 2005 pictures on their site last week, I wonder if it's the same pair as the current. They said it was Amelia but I wonder.  The female is dark and the male is light.   According to the 2007 news, the female hatched in 2003 in MA so it could be the same as the current.   The pictures of Amelia from 2001, 2002 doesn't look like the falcon in the 2005 pictures.

What can you say, I guess insurance company people don't know falcons!  ???
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 19-Apr-10, 05:02:29 PM »

Looky what I saw on the Travelers website...

"Nest News 2010

2010 April 15 - A falcon has nested on the tower on or about April 10. As of April 15, the falcon is incubating two eggs. The first egg was probably laid on April 12 and the second on April 13."

Let's see...I'm sure it's a PAIR of falcons...24 hours between eggs?  scared blue I first saw an egg on April 10-second egg spotted April 14...

I guess we can at least say they're acknowledging that there's a scrape on their roof...better than a few days ago!  silly

WOW...they must have just posted that today. I looked this am before work and there was no updates. They are so confused.  stupid stupid stupid

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 19-Apr-10, 05:04:35 PM »

OH and I even wrote to them and told when the eggs were LAID!!!! HELLO paperbag

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19-Apr-10, 05:14:49 PM »

I was looking at the CMNH forum today, they have a picture with what looks like 3 eggs.   Anytime I check the cam the eggs are covered.

http://www.falconcam-cmnh.org/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?50789

I was looking at some of the 2005 pictures on their site last week, I wonder if it's the same pair as the current. They said it was Amelia but I wonder.  The female is dark and the male is light.   According to the 2007 news, the female hatched in 2003 in MA so it could be the same as the current.   The pictures of Amelia from 2001, 2002 doesn't look like the falcon in the 2005 pictures.

What can you say, I guess insurance company people don't know falcons!  ???

The CMNH picture sure does look like 3

(for those still offline there)

We can only guess when it was laid...guess we'll count backward from hatch day!   crazy

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
DebbieB
Fluffball

Like Count: 3

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 20-Apr-10, 11:25:44 AM »

I just checked the cam, the falcon was standing next to the eggs, there are now 4!  
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 20-Apr-10, 11:42:27 AM »

I just checked the cam, the falcon was standing next to the eggs, there are now 4!  

LOL, I just wrote to them to tell them. Hope they update.. 2thumbsup

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21-Apr-10, 07:57:50 PM »

LOL, I just wrote to them to tell them. Hope they update.. 2thumbsup

Received an email from them today saying they have 3 eggs now..LOL. I wrote back and said Oh no, you have 4 eggs...Brother.. silly

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23-Apr-10, 07:17:58 PM »

OK, they finally got it right:

Nest News 2010

2010 April 23 - Two more eggs are now in the nest. They were laid on April 17 and 18 respectively. The female has hunkered down and rarely leaves the nest, but the male has been spotted delivering food.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18-May-10, 07:41:52 AM »

I see an egg shell.  clap thumbsup 2thumbsup

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile