THE FORUM

20-Apr-24, 04:43:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest Update  (Read 17407 times)
Yarak
Forum Bot
Bot
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 95

Keeping falcon fans connected

View Profile
« on: 20-May-10, 11:00:24 AM »

With all the excitement around the hatchings it's easy to forget that we have other subjects to update.  Quest has been zipping all over the north shore of Lake Ontario this month.  Yesterday it looks like she headed north for a day trip up to Georgian Bay.  She shows no signs of...

Link:
http://rfalconcam.com/imprinting/?p=1160

This is an automated post.
KMinNorCal
Small Clutch

Like Count: 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 22-May-10, 01:12:30 PM »

I have a question - shouldn't the radio transmitter have fallen off Quest by now? It's been nearly 2 years!
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22-May-10, 02:19:19 PM »

Hi KM!  Welcome aboard!  Yes, it's getting close to the 2 year mark when they say the harness holding the transmitter should fall off.  I'm keeping my talons crossed that it holds up a bit longer-she really has taken us on quite an adventure!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23-May-10, 10:43:26 AM »

I have a question - shouldn't the radio transmitter have fallen off Quest by now? It's been nearly 2 years!

KM - It all depends on how worn her harness is.  If it hasn't been subjected to severe conditions, it may stay on longer.  Some have been known to make it 2 1/2 -3 years.  I am hoping that Quest's transmitter/harness is one of those.  A few of us have tried to see her in person, but we've missed her everytime.  When she settles somewhere, we hope someone will ID her, so we can follow her in the future.  We'll continue to enjoy her travels as much as we can!
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01-Jun-10, 04:16:32 PM »

Has Quest lost her transmitter?  No updates since May 19th and just wondering if there is no data coming in or TPTB haven't had time to post yet.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01-Jun-10, 05:15:27 PM »

Has Quest lost her transmitter?  No updates since May 19th and just wondering if there is no data coming in or TPTB haven't had time to post yet.

I was wondering that myself. wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01-Jun-10, 06:05:47 PM »

YIKES!! Hope NOT!!  Sad

margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02-Jun-10, 08:55:26 AM »

YIKES!! Hope NOT!!  Sad

I too have been wondering...anxiously about Quest.  Any update at all from the transmitter?
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 02-Jun-10, 09:55:11 AM »

Yes, the transmitter is working. No one has had the time to update the maps.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02-Jun-10, 02:05:31 PM »

Thanks Shaky, can exhale now  hyper
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07-Jun-10, 10:24:25 PM »

I received this report from Doug at Pt Colborne today (6/7/10)

He reports that he is sure he saw Quest in the nest box again at 1 pm today.  She stayed for about 1/2 hour.  Quest seemed interested in the box & checked out the scrape. He did not have his camera with him today, but will try to get a pic for us if she returns.

You'll remember that Freedom, Mariah and Kaver's first son, nested there for a few years and that this is where Archer was born.

I hope Doug is able to get pictures of Quest!

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07-Jun-10, 10:28:41 PM »

He reports that he is sure he saw Quest in the nest box again at 1 pm today.  She stayed for about 1/2 hour.  Quest seemed interested in the box & checked out the scrape. He did not have his camera with him today, but will try to get a pic for us if she returns.

You'll remember that Freedom, Mariah and Kaver's first son, nested there for a few years and that this is where Archer was born.

WOW...after all her travelin, she ends up in Port Colborne....Now which nest is this? Is there 2 nest there? Hmm. Thanks Carol.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07-Jun-10, 10:55:58 PM »

I hope so too!  This is great news. Maybe she'll finally settle down. heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07-Jun-10, 11:30:03 PM »

These people need to get a camera!  Carol, did he say what happened to the remaining egg (s) or pair there?

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08-Jun-10, 06:12:47 AM »

Good news on the Quest viewing but bad news about the nest box, that means that all 4 eggs are now gone again?  The female there is Treasure, a Cleveland peregrine that some of the CMNH folks know, she is only 3 years old.  I hope she is okay too.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: