THE FORUM

24-Apr-24, 08:45:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Banding in Jackson, Michigan  (Read 2964 times)
Lynn W
Pipping

Like Count: 2

View Profile
« on: 04-Jun-10, 03:25:56 PM »

Banding took place today and I had the pleasure of watching the live video feed from the banding room at the Jackson County Tower Building.  The nest is just outside a window on the 14th floor so the banding table was only a few feet away from it.  It was a simple process to bring them in through the window and back out again the same way.  The whole process only took 25 minutes!

Chayton and Big Red have one daughter & two sons:

Ella, Jackson & Ernie 

Ernie is named after Ernie Harwell, the famous Detroit Tigers broadcaster, who recently passed away.

All appear to be in good health.  We look forward to fledging in a couple of weeks.

Lynn

Lynn W.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 04-Jun-10, 06:46:51 PM »

Banding took place today and I had the pleasure of watching the live video feed from the banding room at the Jackson County Tower Building.  The nest is just outside a window on the 14th floor so the banding table was only a few feet away from it.  It was a simple process to bring them in through the window and back out again the same way.  The whole process only took 25 minutes!

Chayton and Big Red have one daughter & two sons:

Ella, Jackson & Ernie 

Ernie is named after Ernie Harwell, the famous Detroit Tigers broadcaster, who recently passed away.

All appear to be in good health.  We look forward to fledging in a couple of weeks.

Lynn

Congrats Lynn... Cute names too!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03-Jun-13, 11:54:26 PM »

Jackson's peregrine falcon chicks officially named by Citizen Patriot readers

A quick explanation about the top four vote-getters:

— Millie (585 votes) — Suggested by lesliegirl, this name references Miller Shoe Parlor. The store sits across the street from the county building and is run by county board Chairman Steve Shotwell, who happens to be a falcon enthusiast.

— Cascade (567 votes) — The Cascades, of course, are Jackson's lighted waterfalls. Suggested by george1965 and by a Facebook reader, this was the most popular name that references a Jackson landmark or culture.

— Coney (548 votes) — We all know Jackson has the best coneys in Michigan, right? This came from an email from reader, who wrote, "I like the Jackson-themed names, and would add 'Coney' for fun."

— Tower (505 votes) — Suggested because of the Jackson County Tower Building, the tallest building in the county and the home to the falcons. As with Cascade, this was offered by a Facebook reader and by george1965.

Name
Weight
Band ID: Red over Black
Sex
Millie
2 pounds 3 ounces
80/U
Female
Cascade
1 pound 7 ounces
E/12
Male
Coney
2 pounds 2 ounces
79/U
Female
Tower
2 pounds 5 ounces
81/U
Female

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04-Jun-13, 12:21:07 AM »

Jackson's peregrine falcon chicks officially named by Citizen Patriot readers

A quick explanation about the top four vote-getters:

— Millie (585 votes) — Suggested by lesliegirl, this name references Miller Shoe Parlor. The store sits across the street from the county building and is run by county board Chairman Steve Shotwell, who happens to be a falcon enthusiast.

— Cascade (567 votes) — The Cascades, of course, are Jackson's lighted waterfalls. Suggested by george1965 and by a Facebook reader, this was the most popular name that references a Jackson landmark or culture.

— Coney (548 votes) — We all know Jackson has the best coneys in Michigan, right? This came from an email from reader, who wrote, "I like the Jackson-themed names, and would add 'Coney' for fun."

— Tower (505 votes) — Suggested because of the Jackson County Tower Building, the tallest building in the county and the home to the falcons. As with Cascade, this was offered by a Facebook reader and by george1965.

Name
Weight
Band ID: Red over Black
Sex
Millie
2 pounds 3 ounces
80/U
Female
Cascade
1 pound 7 ounces
E/12
Male
Coney
2 pounds 2 ounces
79/U
Female
Tower
2 pounds 5 ounces
81/U
Female

thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: