THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 09:27:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 158 159 [160] 161   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Falcons: All but those hatched in Rochester  (Read 1009356 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: 19-Sep-18, 07:00:15 AM »

Very disturbing and sad news, he almost had a chance!

Fly Free poor lil guy! Sad crying

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: 19-Sep-18, 03:42:38 PM »

Fly Free Lucifer.

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: 16-Apr-19, 06:26:04 AM »

Toronto Sheraton came on yesterday.  Only female incubating 4 eggs, no sign of Stormin.  She left the eggs for 50 minutes in the cold last night to eat and no one came in to cover.  She left again just now and no one came in and she's back after 5 minutes.

We'll have to see what is going on here.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: 16-Apr-19, 09:33:33 AM »

Toronto Sheraton came on yesterday.  Only female incubating 4 eggs, no sign of Stormin.  She left the eggs for 50 minutes in the cold last night to eat and no one came in to cover.  She left again just now and no one came in and she's back after 5 minutes.

We'll have to see what is going on here.

I saw that the camera was back on..sad news if no male though, especially if something’s happened to Stormin.  Sad

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: 16-Apr-19, 10:33:40 AM »

It's not looking good, no one shows up when she leaves and no one is bringing food. 
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: 16-Apr-19, 01:26:19 PM »

I think Stormin was in.  Lens is dirty so hard to see clearly but I think 2 different birds - finally in the past hour.  Having Linda look at my captures to see if she can confirm. 
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: 16-Apr-19, 01:47:48 PM »

I think Stormin was in.  Lens is dirty so hard to see clearly but I think 2 different birds - finally in the past hour.  Having Linda look at my captures to see if she can confirm. 

Here’s hoping..

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: 16-Apr-19, 05:03:18 PM »

There have been regular shift changes since 12.26 today and the eggs were never uncovered for more than 5 minutes so that is good.  Linda agrees we're seeing Stormin now..so whatever was going on - it's not anymore.  There is a lot of construction going on in the King St area so that might have him wary.

It's just so different from last year when he was zooming into the ledge with food and all excited about eggs but then again he hadn't seen eggs with Erin for several years so perhaps now he's realized this is the new normal and no need to get over-excited Smiley 

Talons crossed, everything continues as is.  It's challenging for all the nests this year, now that they aren't endangered anymore - they are having to tolerate a lot of work going on around them that they wouldn't have in the past.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: 23-Apr-19, 02:23:11 PM »

Sad news today!
April 22, 2019 - Toronto - Canada Square Building - Yonge and Eglinton
Marion Nash Reports:
April 22nd

Got a call from Oxford Property Management at Canada Square reporting a dead peregrine on the roof. Although the bird was in an area that is not accessible they were able to snap a photo of the bird through the window.

Unfortunately the banded bird is none other than Malik the adult male. He may have been in a territorial battle with another falcon and lost. We will be going out to the site soon to see if there are eggs yet and if there is indeed another falcon on site.

Stay tuned for updates.
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: 23-Apr-19, 03:44:08 PM »

Fly free poor Malik  crying

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: 23-Apr-19, 05:48:56 PM »

Sad news today!
April 22, 2019 - Toronto - Canada Square Building - Yonge and Eglinton
Marion Nash Reports:
April 22nd

Got a call from Oxford Property Management at Canada Square reporting a dead peregrine on the roof. Although the bird was in an area that is not accessible they were able to snap a photo of the bird through the window.

Unfortunately the banded bird is none other than Malik the adult male. He may have been in a territorial battle with another falcon and lost. We will be going out to the site soon to see if there are eggs yet and if there is indeed another falcon on site.

Stay tuned for updates.

Was this Haven’s mate?  Can’t remember.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: 23-Apr-19, 06:00:00 PM »

Yes he was Haven's mate and the offspring of Erin and WindWhistler.  He was Stormin's uncle.  Always sad to lose one especially at this time of year.  He was 9 years old this year.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: 04-Jun-19, 09:31:12 PM »

From CPF FaceBook:

BANDING - Sheraton Centre, June 4

Two boys for this site which has an unbanded adult female and the adult male is thought to be STORMIN.

Welcome BONVOY (C/59, blue band, 580g, 21 days old) and QUINN (D/62, red band, 590g, 22 days old)
Both names are meaningful to this site as Bonvoy is the name of Marriott's new loyalty program, and Quinn is named after Quinn's Steakhouse and Grill in the hotel.

We wish our boys safe and successful fledges ❤️
Cheers, Lucie 🙂
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: 04-Jun-19, 09:34:33 PM »

They banded at my site today too - just waiting on Lucie to post the details and photos but it was 3 boys and 1 girl for Darcy and Lucky.  happy
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: 10-Jun-19, 05:14:57 PM »

Details on the kids for Lucky and D'arcy :

3 boys 1 girl
June 04, 2019 - Etobicoke - Sun Life Centre
Marion Nash Reports:
We have 3 boy and 1 Girl

Thanks to Cathy Smith and Sky Reach Window Washing for extracting the chicks from the nest and for taking the wrath of Moma falcon while we band.

We had to rebook the banding to June 4th because of of an error in communication with the swing stage folks but thanks to Sky reach who quickly came this morning at 10:00 Am and set up the stage we were able to get the banding done today.

the chicks were in good health and very vocal. Management staff from the Bloor Islington Place brought out a ballot box so that guests watching the banding could name the chicks and I drew the 4 names.

Avro male band 01 over AW.
Griffon male band 02 over AW.
Aries male band 03 over AW .
Bliss ( Bloor/Islington) female band Z over 29.

Building management has been working hard to try to find the internet issue with the camera and have had both Bell and Rogers in to try to find the connection and issue but so far no luck. We discussed with them starting from scratch with a new internet line and connection so we hope we can get the camera up and running again soon.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 158 159 [160] 161   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: