THE FORUM

18-Apr-24, 03:35:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Malta gets worse  (Read 8292 times)
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 17-Oct-14, 01:26:04 PM »

First of all, I don't understand the reason for trapping birds, particularly songbirds.  Second, those numbers are totally inconceivable to me.   Shocked

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17-Oct-14, 01:43:33 PM »

I believe that they sell them to people who then let them go...and who knows what else.  I'm sure many don't make it.  Stupid!

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17-Oct-14, 01:51:25 PM »

I believe that they sell them to people who then let them go...and who knows what else.  I'm sure many don't make it.  Stupid!

It did say in the article many don't make it after 3 weeks.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17-Oct-14, 05:00:55 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter how they vote on this the result will be trappers taking more than they should because Malta is out of control with their thirst for decimating birds in one way or another and the rule makers don't enforce their own rules. The statement "no illegalities occur" is a joke!  thumbsdown
« Last Edit: 17-Oct-14, 10:03:47 PM by MAK » Logged

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
PatriciaRose
Juvie

Like Count: 23

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17-Oct-14, 07:22:47 PM »

‘Let autumn trappers catch 26,850 finches’

A total of 26,850 birds can be captured live over two months, according to the proposal for an autumn trapping season for seven species of finches, Times of Malta can reveal.
Trappers would be allowed to capture 5,000 chaffinch, 12,000 linnet, 800 goldfinch, 4,500 greenfinch, 500 hawfinch, 2,350 serin and 1,700 siskin species, assuming the numbers are respected and no illegalities occur.

Yeah right!! Disgusting!!

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20140605/local/-Let-autumn-trappers-catch-26-850-finches-.521980#.VEE2Z86ZNCo.facebook

Ugh! thumbsdown

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.â€
~~Edwin Markham
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18-Oct-14, 02:52:02 PM »

First of all, I don't understand the reason for trapping birds, particularly songbirds.  Second, those numbers are totally inconceivable to me.   Shocked
actually I believe it is for the pet bird trade. its totally wrong. But actually did you know in foreign countries our Goldfinches and Cardinals are highly sought after? Malta seems to let anybody do anything they want. I'd love to declare hunting season on hunters see how they like it being on the receiving end. devil Not kill them but oh I don't know a sniper with the rubber bullets that the cops use to stun folks just once make the hunters think twice. I'm bad
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: