THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 08:37:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is Quest these days?  (Read 13211 times)
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 28-Nov-10, 06:47:22 PM »

Well, my working theory is that Quest was abducted by aliens and taken to their base high in the boreal forests of Colorado...

hysterical Good one Jim.

It's good to see that Quest was back in at the Nuclear Power Plant in Pickering.  I'll bet she is keeping an eye on that place as a nesting site for spring, and checking to make sure no other falcons have the same idea.  Can't blame her for liking her wintering location.  She does love shore birds, and I bet the food is plentiful.

Joyce
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28-Nov-10, 07:57:19 PM »

I was just over in the comments section of Imprints & saw this...

Lennoxman says:
November 25, 2010 at 2:26 pm

One of the employees of Lennox Generating Station mentioned that they may have seen Quest near the plant a few days ago.

I'm glad they're still watching out for her!

Ei

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
loheron
Fledgling

Like Count: 23

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29-Nov-10, 10:01:45 AM »

Now would those be "V" aliens?
God help us if she ever takes up with the "Twilight" folks.
Larry O

It looks like the wrong set of coordinates were entered. There are always two solutions to the satellite tracking equations. (Remember those quadratic equations in high school algebra?) These two solutions represent the positions on the Earth's spherical surface that intersect the line representing the direction of Quest's signal as determined by the Doppler shift of the orbiting satellites. At least that's how I understand it.

Anyway, there are always two sets of coordinates, and it is usually the first set that is correct. However,  in this case, the 2nd set was correct, but the 1st set was plotted on the map. Quest's correct position was near Prince Edward Point

Well, my working theory is that Quest was abducted by aliens and taken to their base high in the boreal forests of Colorado...

Unfortunately Argos doesn't provide any guidance as to which of the two sets of coordinates are the correct one for any given data set.  Thus far, it has always been the case that the first set are correct, but context is clearly important when plotting the data...

The data point was pretty obviously bogus. Not only does it show Quest hundreds of miles farther west than she's ever traveled, but the nearest data points both before and after the one plotted were back at PEP.  Those data points had very poor Location Class and quality values associated with them.  But she's been so boring lately with her concentration around Prince Edward Point that I thought I'd spice up the map with a little "zinger" courtesy of Argos.

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29-Nov-10, 01:56:22 PM »

Given it is Quest, anything is a possibility!  I think she is our stealth falcon! 

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: