THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 05:32:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest  (Read 68646 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 05-Sep-09, 08:11:20 AM »

She might be scoping out a nest site perhaps ?  There are 3 nest sites here she could possibly be interested in and one is the one I work under which houses Angel and Jack.  There is also the private residential site which is a secret location somewhere in Etobioke with an American Female and 'Jack'.  And there is the William Osler site where they did the fostering this year.  There is also the Mississauga site which is in an adjoining suburb.   

I will keep my eyes out for her as I'm out daily checking on our pair here. 
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05-Sep-09, 09:32:10 AM »

She did head back to Port Hope by the 31st, but it's good to know we have a watcher on the ground in the area, Carly!  That whole edge of Lake Ontario seems to be peregrine central.  I wonder what it is about the north shore of the lake that makes it more attractive than the south shore-other than Mariah patrolling a goodly chunk of the south shore  Wink

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
valhalla
« Reply #17 on: 06-Sep-09, 05:35:09 AM »

That whole edge of Lake Ontario seems to be peregrine central.  I wonder what it is about the north shore of the lake that makes it more attractive than the south shore-other than Mariah patrolling a goodly chunk of the south shore  Wink

Wind direction?
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 06-Sep-09, 07:00:08 AM »

FYI, the satellite tracking people haven't sent any Quest updates in about  a week. It's being looked into.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12-Sep-09, 08:40:11 AM »

Oh no, I hope Quest is okay!  I was just coming here to post on her as I asked Frank about the area she is in and he replied back to me with this:

I did hear something about a satellite tagged bird out in the Wesleyville area at the old OPG hydro plant.  Yes, we did a hack site out there many years ago.  Didn’t know if our hack box was still on the roof?  It’s a good area for sure, but the building is very similar (if not exactly the same size and shape of the old Lakeview facility).  Mostly flat top roofs, very few ledges so to speak.  If the box is still there, this would be a perfect area,, lots of shore birds, lots of pigeons and other great food stuffs.  

I also asked about Linn:

No news of Linn.  No eggs or activity at the Bell site for months."

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12-Sep-09, 08:53:05 AM »

That whole edge of Lake Ontario seems to be peregrine central. 

This is a great area for a peregrine falcon to make their home.  Small pockets of high buildings but not a jungle - there are lots of parks and woodlands as it's mostly residential areas and close to Lake Ontario.  The challenge that I see we have in Toronto is lack of tiercels hence you read about all these supposed 'bigamous' males.  The females seem to do well but the little guys - not so much.  I know of 6 male juvies that were lost during fledge last year and those would have been the ones that would be coming back next Spring to potentially look for a nest site.  This year we did better and there were a good number of males born at the sites that did have young but we had a cold spring and more failed nest sites this year and some sites with a female but no tiercel to mate with!
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12-Sep-09, 10:56:09 PM »

Wonder what's up with Quest these days-no recent updates... sparrow

Kris

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13-Sep-09, 07:12:42 AM »

FYI, the satellite tracking people haven't sent any Quest updates in about  a week. It's being looked into.

Hey Kris - Like Shaky posted the other day, we're working on getting new Quest updates.  Hopefully very soon.   falcon

Peregrines know no borders.....
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13-Sep-09, 09:15:24 AM »

Hey Kris - Like Shaky posted the other day, we're working on getting new Quest updates.  Hopefully very soon.   falcon

Yeah-I had read that the other day and was just wondering what was going on with the tracking people.   Just asking...thanks.

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13-Sep-09, 10:25:17 AM »

Does anybody on this board live up there near where Quest is? From the August map she seems pretty regular in where she hangs out. It would be great to get some pictures. (Thinking and hoping out loud)  wave
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 13-Sep-09, 12:20:27 PM »

Yeah-I had read that the other day and was just wondering what was going on with the tracking people.   Just asking...thanks.

It appears to be a bookkeeping error. Nothing is wrong with the transmitter or Quest.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13-Sep-09, 12:43:00 PM »

It appears to be a bookkeeping error. Nothing is wrong with the transmitter or Quest.

PHEW!!!!  Thank you Shaky...my worry-wort side was starting to take hold... flowers

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 13-Sep-09, 02:00:06 PM »

PHEW!!!!  Thank you Shaky...my worry-wort side was starting to take hold... flowers

ditto

Kris

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 13-Sep-09, 06:08:17 PM »

Thanks for the great news Shaky. 
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 13-Sep-09, 06:46:53 PM »

good news the_wave thanx

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: