THE FORUM

20-Apr-24, 09:59:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peregrine falcon in Worcester  (Read 93136 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 24-Jul-13, 08:41:30 AM »

Bobbin, that little sneak, went off with Mr Bobbin and had kids!!  heart heart Here she is!!

Bobbin! Yes we were sure she would breed with the new tiercel this year & here's the proof. We heard a few days ago from our friends at the BTO & Worcester Wildlife Trust that a female with the ring T2 had been spotted with two chicks. This was backed up yesterday with excellent photos by wildlife photographer Pete Walkden. We won't disclose the site but less than 35 miles away. Great to see her doing well, interesting to see of she returns to Worcester later in the year?

I'm so happy for her, guess the male didn't like the Spire! Go Bobbin!!!! A natural nest!!  clap

What great news! Everyone wondered if she wasn't nesting somewhere and what a beautiful natural setting it looks like! Thanks!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 24-Jul-13, 08:47:38 AM »

Bobbin, that little sneak, went off with Mr Bobbin and had kids!!  heart heart Here she is!!

Bobbin! Yes we were sure she would breed with the new tiercel this year & here's the proof. We heard a few days ago from our friends at the BTO & Worcester Wildlife Trust that a female with the ring T2 had been spotted with two chicks. This was backed up yesterday with excellent photos by wildlife photographer Pete Walkden. We won't disclose the site but less than 35 miles away. Great to see her doing well, interesting to see of she returns to Worcester later in the year?

I'm so happy for her, guess the male didn't like the Spire! Go Bobbin!!!! A natural nest!!  clap

What great news! Everyone wondered if she wasn't nesting somewhere and what a beautiful natural setting it looks like! Thanks!

Boy, she sure took her time! Then again, who knows if she had babies before this! Guess she found Mr. Right!  heart

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 24-Jul-13, 10:43:13 PM »

This is great news for Bobbin! I love the natural setting for a nest even though it means we won't be able to view her and the kids. YAY!!!  heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 02-Aug-13, 06:09:04 PM »

Lightning on the Bobbin cam!  Shocked

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 02-Aug-13, 09:00:37 PM »

Lightning on the Bobbin cam!  Shocked

2thumbsup

-John Burroughs
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 03-Aug-13, 02:10:57 AM »

Lightning on the Bobbin cam! Shocked
Great picture!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 06-Aug-13, 06:12:20 AM »

http://petesbirdingblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/peregrines.html Great blog about Bobbin and her family!!

"Then, most surprisingly, the more dominant chick started to offer bits to the other, much like their mother had done when both were still in the nest."  2thumbsup

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 06-Aug-13, 06:59:23 AM »

http://petesbirdingblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/peregrines.html Great blog about Bobbin and her family!!

"Then, most surprisingly, the more dominant chick started to offer bits to the other, much like their mother had done when both were still in the nest."  2thumbsup

Oh my word! Imagine!
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 06-Aug-13, 11:15:55 AM »

Love Bobbin and loved reading the blog about her family!  heart

-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 09-Aug-13, 06:21:11 AM »

More great info on Bobbin thanks to Pete here. This explains her movements last year, we last spotted Bobbin on the spire Feb 19th with her returning to Worcester July 18th. A failed nest would explain the early return, interesting to see if she returns this year.

Thought this might interest fans of Bobbin. I took this image on 1st April 2012, within a mile of where she nested this year. After all the interest in her from this group, I thought I'd check the photos from last year, just in case.

It seems she's been visiting this nesting area for a while before she settled. That said, local people near the site said a pair had tried to nest in 2012, but the terrible wet weather ruined the nest and it was abandoned.

So maybe that was her trying the first time? Thankfully this year she's been successful.  (Pete)

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 09-Aug-13, 01:49:49 PM »

Love the Bobbin!  heart     thanx

-John Burroughs
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 15-Aug-13, 02:11:51 PM »

I just caught Bobbin visiting; she was on her favorite perch. It was so good to see her for the first time in months.

I was pretty sure this was Bobbin, but I kept trying to read her bands. Here is the best view of her bands:

Cropped and enlarged: she left after this pic.

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 15-Aug-13, 02:47:56 PM »

Great pictures! yes

Christiane
Eyas

Like Count: 7

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 15-Aug-13, 04:33:16 PM »

Allison, It definitely appears to be Bobbin; I see the same 12 over T2; the same as in the pic with her on the rock ledge.  I missed seeing her, too.  What a beauty she is and nice to see her up close over the years.  Beautiful pics you caught!
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 15-Aug-13, 04:49:24 PM »

Bobbin is looking lovely as ever. Thanks Alison, it's great to see her!   heart

-John Burroughs
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: