THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 02:40:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is This Quest's Mate?  (Read 15595 times)
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« on: 02-Dec-10, 11:19:31 AM »

Looks like there should be news coming soon.  A possible identification of Quest's mate.  Be on the look-out!   foxbinocs

Peregrines know no borders.....
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 02-Dec-10, 12:43:54 PM »

Looks like there should be news coming soon.  A possible identification of Quest's mate.  Be on the look-out!   foxbinocs

clap  (If you know, you can share...I won't tell secret2  Wink )

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-Dec-10, 12:47:46 PM »

Keep an eye on CPF.  Big Frank said he'd post the news soon.   Wink

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-Dec-10, 12:51:47 PM »

Keep an eye on CPF.  Big Frank said he'd post the news soon.   Wink

OK...I'll be patient  hyper

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02-Dec-10, 02:57:22 PM »

Hot off the press!!

!!! Kendal Seen At Frenchman’s BayDecember 02, 2010 - Toronto - King Street
Frank Butson Reports:

On September 12th of 2010,Denis Gauthier spotted and photographed a Peregrine Falcon in flight,at Frenchmans Bay in Pickering,Ontario, Canada. Denis snapped a few terrific photos. He posted them recently to the Toronto and Southern Ontario Birding Board,where I saw them and could tell the bird has a Canadian band on his leg. Upon  further investigation,CPF volunteer Kathy found the identity to be that of Kendal. The original posting of Kendals banding can be found here.
http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/c/sightings/toronto-king-street/page/8/
June 02, 2009 - Toronto - King Street

Kendal    536grams         24days old    33/y

The significance of this sighting is also that there is a female Peregrine Falcon from Rochester,New York named Quest,that is being satellite tracked,which is consistantly being placed at the Power Plant there. I know the gang in Rochester is very excited to hear this news.
Please enjoy the terrific photos which Denis Gauthier has allowed us to use. Thanks Denis!

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2010/12/sightings/kendal-seen-at-frenchmans-bay/
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02-Dec-10, 03:19:51 PM »

Hot off the press!!

!!! Kendal Seen At Frenchman’s BayDecember 02, 2010 - Toronto - King Street
Frank Butson Reports:

The significance of this sighting is also that there is a female Peregrine Falcon from Rochester,New York named Quest,that is being satellite tracked,which is consistantly being placed at the Power Plant there. I know the gang in Rochester is very excited to hear this news.

How cool is that!  Both Quest & Rhea Mae have mates who were hatched at King St.!

Do we know who Kendal's parents are?  I didn't see them named on a quick browse through the posts.

Ei

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02-Dec-10, 03:31:13 PM »

I don't think we've ever ID'd the male at the site ( unless I missed it!) - but the female was ID'd back in 2009.  She'd be 12 years old now!! 

The resident adult female that has been identified at the Toronto King Street nest site is a 1998 hatchling from Froedtert Malt in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Her name is ERIN
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02-Dec-10, 03:34:48 PM »

I don't think we've ever ID'd the male at the site ( unless I missed it!) - but the female was ID'd back in 2009.  She'd be 12 years old now!! 

The resident adult female that has been identified at the Toronto King Street nest site is a 1998 hatchling from Froedtert Malt in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Her name is ERIN

Thanks!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02-Dec-10, 04:29:00 PM »

I often wonder because for a few years they couldn't ID the King stree male when Windwhistler was at the Sheraton and then they discovered he was the male at both nests... so it makes me wonder is Tiago a chip off the old block?!  Can you imagine?! 
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02-Dec-10, 04:30:46 PM »

Isn't this wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2thumbsup

I have to wonder if our precious Kaver was from Canada.  His girls seem to like these Canadian men.  Not to mention Cabot Scirocco

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02-Dec-10, 04:31:41 PM »

I often wonder because for a few years they couldn't ID the King stree male when Windwhistler was at the Sheraton and then they discovered he was the male at both nests... so it makes me wonder is Tiago a chip off the old block?!  Can you imagine?! 

If I were Tiago, I wouldn't mess around.  Rhea Mae likes to use those big yellow feet hysterical

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02-Dec-10, 05:02:02 PM »

Now wasn't that worth the wait?   Wink

I promised Big Frank I wouldn't say anything until he posted.  It was only fair.   yes

Of course we can't be 100% sure that Kendal is Quest's mate, but it sure does seem a likely possibility.

Many thanks to Big Frank for contacting us and to Denis Gauthier for taking these beautiful pictures.   clap

Carol P.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02-Dec-10, 05:03:10 PM »

If I were Tiago, I wouldn't mess around.  Rhea Mae likes to use those big yellow feet hysterical

Yeah, you're right Jeanne, there's no way Rhea Mae would allow Tiago to stray.   laugh

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02-Dec-10, 05:09:46 PM »

Kendal & Quest...has a cute ring to it!  heart

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter