THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 10:47:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Norfolk Eagles in their new nest  (Read 256666 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: 12-Sep-17, 06:22:44 PM »

Necropsy report on HK.. Sad

From Ed Clark at WCV:
The results of the necropsy performed on HK confirmed our worst fears--that there were internal injuries that would not show up immediately. Indeed, there were multiple injuries, including one we have never seen before...several vertebrae in the middle of HK's spine that had literarily died, and were starting to deteriorate. This, combined with the bruising of his heart and lungs, and the associated hemorrhaging, suggest that his fate was sadly sealed from the instant of the impact with the car. The only good news is that with the damage to the nerves, and the pain medication he was being given, it is unlikely that he was experiencing any pain or discomfort.

https://www.wildlifecenter.org/critter-corner/patient-updates/bald-eagle-17-2257-hk-update-5

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: 13-Sep-17, 03:40:36 AM »

crying  crying

AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: 13-Sep-17, 11:29:20 PM »

Necropsy report on HK.. Sad

From Ed Clark at WCV:
The results of the necropsy performed on HK confirmed our worst fears--that there were internal injuries that would not show up immediately. Indeed, there were multiple injuries, including one we have never seen before...several vertebrae in the middle of HK's spine that had literarily died, and were starting to deteriorate. This, combined with the bruising of his heart and lungs, and the associated hemorrhaging, suggest that his fate was sadly sealed from the instant of the impact with the car. The only good news is that with the damage to the nerves, and the pain medication he was being given, it is unlikely that he was experiencing any pain or discomfort.

Kris, thank you so much for posting this update on HK.

The number and extent of his injuries make me feel even more sad about what happened to him. With such a major spinal injury, surgery and manipulation of his legs could only have made things worse. The vehicle which hit him must have been travelling at some speed to cause so much damage. I know WCV tried their best to help him.  crying
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: 26-Apr-18, 07:22:47 AM »

7 years ago today, mom Norfolk died!  heart heart heart

Anyone hear news on Buddy???

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: 26-Apr-18, 08:56:52 AM »

Dad Norfolk is nesting nearby on private property and I think there are 2 eyases.

I saw on FB that WCV is having a 3 day Buddy Hatch Day party very soon!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: 27-Apr-18, 07:09:24 AM »

Dad Norfolk is nesting nearby on private property and I think there are 2 eyases.

They always had updates on him, especially when it was dremel the beak day but I haven't seen any! I always liked Buddy!  heart Thanks Ei

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: 27-Apr-18, 04:21:32 PM »

7 years ago today, mom Norfolk died!  heart heart heart

They always had updates on him, especially when it was dremel the beak day but I haven't seen any! I always liked Buddy!  heart Thanks Ei

Bill and I went to see Buddy about 5 years ago at WCV.  He has a beautiful flight cage with many perches, a covered area for getting out of the elements and a pool!  He is quite vocal and has lots of adoring fans that visit on Open House days.  He is a star!  Today is Buddy’s 10th Hatch Day and here’s a tribute video to him on this special day. Happy Hatch Day, Buddy!❤️

http://youtu.be/D4tdJUmFTA0

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: 27-Apr-18, 06:05:46 PM »

The Story of Buddy the Eagle  heart

http://youtu.be/KpAFyLtp544

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: