THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 08:55:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Norfolk Eagles in their new nest  (Read 256614 times)
valhalla
« Reply #510 on: 21-Feb-14, 02:24:19 PM »

The USDA located and removed a 9th nest on Feb. 6th.  So sad for this pair...   crying
DAMN them, how can they keep doing this, it obviously isn't accomplishing a thing.  Sad

Your government at work - results aren't mandatory, but wasting taxpayer dollars is!
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 21-Feb-14, 08:43:10 PM »

The USDA located and removed a 9th nest on Feb. 6th.  So sad for this pair...   crying
DAMN them, how can they keep doing this, it obviously isn't accomplishing a thing.  Sad

Your government at work - results aren't mandatory, but wasting taxpayer dollars is!

because they are too stupid to admit they are wrong

isn't there a saying about the sign of true insanity is to keep doing the same stupid thing over and over and expecting a different outcome  stupid
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 21-Feb-14, 09:26:14 PM »

It's animal cruelty - they can paint anyway they want but to me that's exactly what it is.  This is their home and has been for years.  Sad Sad
valhalla
« Reply #513 on: 22-Feb-14, 05:25:44 PM »

isn't there a saying about the sign of true insanity is to keep doing the same stupid thing over and over and expecting a different outcome  stupid

Sure is!  AND.....
The American public keeps voting the same garbage in election cycle after election cycle, so we GET the Government that we deserve.
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 23-Feb-14, 08:57:25 AM »

Sure is!  AND.....
The American public keeps voting the same garbage in election cycle after election cycle, so we GET the Government that we deserve.

sometimes I wonder if the whole election thing isn't rigged  secret2
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 21-Sep-14, 06:51:06 PM »

A love story between 2 Eagles.

One is HK from Northfolk Botanical Gardens, the missus is from NC and here is their story well written by Mary Reed Barrow

HK is 5 years old now and ready to breed! Smiley

http://hamptonroads.com/2014/09/local-love-affair-takes-flight read it here   heart

This year HK is finally 5 years old, old enough to breed. He jumped the gun and proclaimed his readiness by building a huge nest last year near Honey Bee. But Sterling played hard to get. I think she told HK he had to grow up and stop fooling around first.

http://www.ccbbirds.org/news-room/blogs/eagle-nest-blog/ Blog on how Sterling was rescued and now!

PatriciaRose
Juvie

Like Count: 23

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 21-Sep-14, 08:25:48 PM »

A love story between 2 Eagles.

One is HK from Northfolk Botanical Gardens, the missus is from NC and here is their story well written by Mary Reed Barrow

HK is 5 years old now and ready to breed! Smiley

http://hamptonroads.com/2014/09/local-love-affair-takes-flight read it here   heart

This year HK is finally 5 years old, old enough to breed. He jumped the gun and proclaimed his readiness by building a huge nest last year near Honey Bee. But Sterling played hard to get. I think she told HK he had to grow up and stop fooling around first.

http://www.ccbbirds.org/news-room/blogs/eagle-nest-blog/ Blog on how Sterling was rescued and now!
Such a sweet story  heart  And to think it took 2 years to positively identify Sterling! Wow!

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.”
~~Edwin Markham
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 30-Oct-14, 09:18:55 AM »

The Norfolk Botanical Garden bald eagles appear to be safe and sound in a new nest outside of Norfolk Botanical Garden. Having endured two years of nest destruction and harassment, the NBG eagles have wisely chosen to build a new nest on private property where they cannot be disturbed.

THE NEW NEST IS ON PROPERTY NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND TO PROTECT THE EAGLES FROM FURTHER HARASSMENT, THE NEW NEST LOCATION WILL NOT BE DISCLOSED.

We have not disclosed this information to you before now for the safety of the eagles first and foremost, but also because until the last few days it was impossible to verify exactly whose nest it was. Mike Inman was able to get that magic photo that clearly shows the “dot” in Dad’s eye. Thank you, Mike!!!! It IS Dad Norfolk’s nest. As you can see, the nest is quite large and it is believed to be his “primary” nest. And the property owners support our eagles and EOA in every conceivable way.

(photo credit Mike Inman)

This is the "BEST" news!!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 30-Oct-14, 09:42:18 AM »

Fantastic news.  And a huge thank you to the secret owners of the land - bless you for supporting them!  notworthy
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 30-Oct-14, 10:15:11 AM »

Wonderful!   clap

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 30-Oct-14, 10:18:32 AM »

Fantastic news.  And a huge thank you to the secret owners of the land - bless you for supporting them!  notworthy

After I read this on FB last night, I was so happy to finally hear some good news about Dad Norfolk and his mate. I, also, thank the landowners who are supporters of the Eagles and EOA and all they've done and are doing to prevent further harassment of these birds.  
« Last Edit: 30-Oct-14, 11:03:40 AM by Kris G. » Logged

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 30-Oct-14, 10:54:26 AM »

Finally, Home Sweet Home for them!!!  clap clap clap clap   Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 30-Oct-14, 03:24:07 PM »

Fantastic news.  And a huge thank you to the secret owners of the land - bless you for supporting them!  notworthy

After I read this on FB last night, I was so happy to finally hear some good news about Dad Norfolk and his mate. I, also, thank the landowners who are supporters of the Eagles and EOA and all they've done and are doing to prevent further harassment of these birds.  
yeah!! to whoever the land owners are. thank you so much you are Good people,  clap notworthy thumbsup 2thumbsup bow
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 30-Oct-14, 03:54:31 PM »

This are very good news! yahoo

Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 30-Oct-14, 05:34:02 PM »

Finally some good news!  newyearbd These poor eagles have had a very rough time of it over the past couple of years, so I was delighted to see this post.

Dot in PA
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: