THE FORUM

18-Apr-24, 03:20:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Norfolk Eagles in their new nest  (Read 258232 times)
huddiecat
Juvie

Like Count: 44

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 27-Apr-11, 10:58:16 AM »

Thanks for posting that Donna!!  I immediately went to the live feed of the rescue.  So happy I had computer access this morning.  That last little guy was spunky!  Now dad will have time to mourn and move on.
Suzanne
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 27-Apr-11, 11:04:30 AM »

Thanks for posting that Donna!!  I immediately went to the live feed of the rescue.  So happy I had computer access this morning.  That last little guy was spunky!  Now dad will have time to mourn and move on.
Suzanne

It was so sad. I feel bad for the dad also.  heart I know he will bounce back and life goes on. I think we hurt more than them.  crying

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 27-Apr-11, 11:10:03 AM »

I feel sad that now he has lost his whole family.  I am surprised that they didn't wait to see if dad could do it all. 

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 27-Apr-11, 01:09:34 PM »

Empty nest but lots of Pooh!  Sad

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 27-Apr-11, 01:33:46 PM »

http://www.wildlifecenter.org/wp/nbg-faqs/ more here

Will arrive this afternoon, blood work, health checks will be done. Making preparations for flight cage and nest for them. Will be housed next to an adult Bald eagle for moral support.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 27-Apr-11, 02:17:53 PM »

OH no, he's looking for them!  Sad crying

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 28-Apr-11, 08:15:05 AM »

Look how handsome Buddy is! Having some fish!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 28-Apr-11, 09:00:31 AM »

MVK:
The plane was landing and the male and female were fishing. The male got out of the way and the female could not. She was found with the fish next to her.

MVK:
I do not know what is going on with the male eagle, but suspect he'll hang around for a day or two before getting on with his life. He will almost certainly do just fine. Lament and self-pity are fortunately human traits not shared by most animals.

The male eagle will almost certainly find a new mate before the next breeding season. It is not unreasonable to hope that he will bring his new mate back to the same nest for the new season, though only time will tell about that.

Snippets from the chat

So is the fishing grounds next to the airport? Dad got out of the way, mom didn't. Do the planes fly right over the river? Dad may have seen mom get hit. It's just a tragic accident. Things like this actually keep me awake at night, worrying.
« Last Edit: 28-Apr-11, 09:07:53 AM by Donna » Logged

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 28-Apr-11, 09:14:48 AM »

Snippets from the chat

So is the fishing grounds next to the airport? Dad got out of the way, mom didn't. Do the planes fly right over the river? Dad may have seen mom get hit. It's just a tragic accident. Things like this actually keep me awake at night, worrying.

The gardens are right next to the airport.  The peninsula both are on juts into Lake Whitehurst, which is where they were fishing.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 28-Apr-11, 09:54:38 AM »

NBG Eaglets, Thursday April 28
9:10 a.m.

A preliminary morning report:  the eaglets are doing well.  Wildlife rehabilitator Suzy Doell provided them with a large fish last night — most of it was chopped into smaller pieces, though she also left a large hunk of fish to see how well they’re tearing on their own.  As of this morning:  all fish was eaten!  More reports to come after the daily “morning rounds” with the veterinary team.

WCV report

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 28-Apr-11, 02:09:34 PM »

Happy Birthday, Buddy!  Despite the chaos due to the arrival of the 2011 Norfolk Botanical Garden Eaglets — Buddy’s little siblings — Buddy was celebrated on this busy spring day.  To mark the occasion, he was served a nice, tasty bluefish — which he managed to devour fairly quickly for having such a crooked beak!  Buddy also received a new toy, which was highly entertaining.

Buddy and Blufish

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 28-Apr-11, 02:46:41 PM »

Happy Birthday, Buddy!  Despite the chaos due to the arrival of the 2011 Norfolk Botanical Garden Eaglets — Buddy’s little siblings — Buddy was celebrated on this busy spring day.  To mark the occasion, he was served a nice, tasty bluefish — which he managed to devour fairly quickly for having such a crooked beak!  Buddy also received a new toy, which was highly entertaining.

Buddy and Blufish

Love Buddy!  wub2

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 28-Apr-11, 10:04:16 PM »

http://www.wildlifecenter.org/wp/nbg-thursday-april28/ Updates on eaglets and new nest.

I guess they are stuffing and mounting mom eagle.  Sad Personally, I would vote against this. Let her rest, bury her near her nest, plant flowers and a nice plaque.

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 28-Apr-11, 11:56:32 PM »

I'm with you. Donna Sad
 Those eaglets are really cute.

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 29-Apr-11, 06:38:54 AM »

I guess they are stuffing and mounting mom eagle.  Sad Personally, I would vote against this. Let her rest, bury her near her nest, plant flowers and a nice plaque.

Where did you hear that?

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: