THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 06:24:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Norfolk Eagles in their new nest  (Read 256553 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 29-Apr-11, 06:50:22 AM »

I guess they are stuffing and mounting mom eagle.  Sad Personally, I would vote against this. Let her rest, bury her near her nest, plant flowers and a nice plaque.

Where did you hear that?

One the Wildlife Center of V fb page. People are disputing it.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 29-Apr-11, 06:55:27 AM »

I guess they are stuffing and mounting mom eagle.  Sad Personally, I would vote against this. Let her rest, bury her near her nest, plant flowers and a nice plaque.

Where did you hear that?

Was it WCV announcing it?  I didn't see anything anywhere else...and I can't FB here at work

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 29-Apr-11, 07:20:40 AM »

I guess they are stuffing and mounting mom eagle.  Sad Personally, I would vote against this. Let her rest, bury her near her nest, plant flowers and a nice plaque.

Where did you hear that?

Was it WCV announcing it?  I didn't see anything anywhere else...and I can't FB here at work

No Norfolk announced it. 

The mother's remains are still at Norfolk Airport in a refrigerator until the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service officials decide what to do with them. He notes that the Norfolk Botanical Garden would like to have it mounted for display and that process has been started.

http://www.wvec.com/my-city/norfolk/US-120702329.html in this article

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 29-Apr-11, 07:35:15 AM »

No Norfolk announced it.  

The mother's remains are still at Norfolk Airport in a refrigerator until the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service officials decide what to do with them. He notes that the Norfolk Botanical Garden would like to have it mounted for display and that process has been started.

That's odd-they've been posting on moderated chat (after the last update time on this article) and the forum that she'll be going to the Eagle Repository in Colorado as is required by law.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
valhalla
« Reply #109 on: 29-Apr-11, 10:17:57 AM »

No Norfolk announced it.  

That's odd-they've been posting on moderated chat (after the last update time on this article) and the forum that she'll be going to the Eagle Repository in Colorado as is required by law.

That's how rumors get started.  Keep in mind that local governments (city of Norfolk) don't deal with the USFWS on a regular basis, and probably don't know the various laws. 
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 29-Apr-11, 12:28:31 PM »

Wildlife Center of Virginia
Once the eaglets are settled into their new outdoor enclosure (later this morning), an adult Bald Eagle will be placed in the other half of their enclosure. While this bird won't have direct access to the chicks, she will serve as an adult role model for the chicks since they'll be able to see her.

NBG
The events of the past week have saddened all of us. It is now time to move foward and look to the day 3 special eaglets will soar high and free. Dad Eagle will move on with his life and hopefully it will include us. It is amazing that thousands of people around the world were brought together in such a peaceful loving way. Mom Eagle - I believe your mission is accomplished. MVK
« Last Edit: 29-Apr-11, 12:35:08 PM by Donna » Logged

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 29-Apr-11, 12:37:29 PM »

NBG Eaglets, Friday April 29
9:30 a.m.

The eaglets are resting comfortably this morning.  The quick food report is that they ate — though didn’t finish all of their fish.  This is to be expected — at this point, the staff are over-serving them just to ensure there’s plenty for all.

The staff are just tweaking a few more things in their enclosure, so that once the chicks are moved in, the staff won’t have to spend much time in the enclosure.  We expect that they’ll be moved late this morning — yes, photos and videos can be expected!

In the meantime, the WCV had an early morning delivery:  84 pounds of fish.  This special delivery was made to ensure that the WCV has enough fresh fish to feed to the eaglets — and other Bald Eagle patients — over the coming months.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 29-Apr-11, 12:59:55 PM »

Hmmm...can't get into the WCV site...wonder if they're off line to connect the planned webcam?

And I re-read the article over lunch & did some digging-the fellow quoted about Mom eagle's body is the airport's executive director-not connected to NBG or VDGIF.  Hopefully he was just saying something he heard in passing.

valhalla
« Reply #113 on: 29-Apr-11, 01:58:55 PM »

Hmmm...can't get into the WCV site...wonder if they're off line to connect the planned webcam?

And I re-read the article over lunch & did some digging-the fellow quoted about Mom eagle's body is the airport's executive director-not connected to NBG or VDGIF.  Hopefully he was just saying something he heard in passing.

Keep trying - I was just there
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 29-Apr-11, 03:37:47 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st8xPjjLJT0# Eaglets new home

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 29-Apr-11, 03:57:31 PM »

I think we all crashed the site..."The eaglets are in the nest!  They actually made their way up the hill well over an hour ago — but our website traffic has been so high, it’s tough getting in to provide updates and photos!"

Anyway...

Norfolk Botanical Gardens placed in nest

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 29-Apr-11, 04:01:26 PM »

A nice new home for the Eaglets! 

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 29-Apr-11, 07:20:17 PM »

The babies are on the webcam!

http://www.wvec.com/marketplace/microsite-content/eagle-cam.html

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 29-Apr-11, 07:43:28 PM »

So wonderful to be able to watch them again!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 29-Apr-11, 07:45:10 PM »

This was just re-posted:

updated post from NBG today -

Source Norfolk Botanical Garden: She will be sent to the National Eagle Repository in Colorado
http://www.fws.gov/le/natives/EagleRepository.htm

Source Norfolk Botanical Garden: We did not ask - she was not our bird, she was wild.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: