THE FORUM

24-Apr-24, 03:59:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Norfolk Eagles in their new nest  (Read 258728 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: 21-Sep-11, 06:26:07 PM »

I'm so happy for Buddy and his new home!  clap

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 21-Sep-11, 06:52:24 PM »

There are also some stills posted...

http://www.wildlifecenter.org/wp/2011/09/buddys-new-enclosure/

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 21-Sep-11, 06:57:11 PM »

And, back at NBG, Dad has been seen in the company of an adult and a sub-adult Bald Eagle.  The sub-adult "dirty" bird (not completely white head yet) landed in the original nest!

Cary's pics

Shelly's pics

All via the forum http://norfolkeagles.com

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 22-Sep-11, 04:19:21 PM »

NX Update:

September 22: NX has settled in on the banks of the Little Wicomico River in Northumberland County. The stand of trees she is favoring borders fields rather than heavy human-occupied territory, and she has a small inlet nearby in which to fish.

We think it is time to take a look at where her journey has taken her over the last 23 days. She is currently 62 miles from her release location in Charles City, Virginia. In her travels she has visited seven counties, crossed one major river and numerous smaller rivers and streams, been known to frequent areas other tracked eagles have been to, and may have crossed paths with her sister Azalea.

NX Journey So Far

As you can see in the picture above she is very close to Accomack County — where our most recent bald eagle patient was rescued!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 26-Sep-11, 03:40:14 PM »

We're back just in time for an NX update!

September 26: NX is still enjoying the same stand of trees on the Little Wicomico River in Northumberland County, Virginia. She has crossed the river a few times to visit nearby piers, but otherwise is quite content to remain where she has been for the past week.

NX Tracking page

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 29-Sep-11, 08:41:10 PM »

Dad Norfolk has a girlfriend!

Pictures & Story at the link... CCB Blog

the_wave b-day yippee

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 29-Sep-11, 09:11:18 PM »

good news

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 30-Sep-11, 01:26:12 AM »

A new female!  happy

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 30-Sep-11, 03:27:48 PM »

The Center for Conservation Biology
Reese visited NBG today and took a few photos of the male eagle. Both eagles were in the nest today. Its looking good!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 30-Sep-11, 03:31:38 PM »

The Center for Conservation Biology
Reese visited NBG today and took a few photos of the male eagle. Both eagles were in the nest today. Its looking good!

clap Stunning!  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 01-Oct-11, 04:12:03 PM »

Tracking NX

Where is she now?

October 1: NX was able to check in today. Since we heard from her last, she has ventured further inland on the Little Wicomico River to a place called Hansons Cove. It is a heavily wooded area, and her tracks show her flying back and forth to trees on either side of the cove. Her last known position shows that she has returned to her a preferred tree in a more populated zone of the river.
NX spent a few days exploring Hansons Cove on the Little Wicomico River.

NX spent a few days exploring Hansons Cove on the Little Wicomico River.

September 30: NX did not “phone home” today. On September 28, she was still in the same place along the Little Wicomico River. She may be out of cell phone range, and will check in again when she is back in an area with coverage.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 06-Oct-11, 02:36:21 PM »

Where is she now?

October 6: After five days without a check-in, NX came back into cell range and today her backpack was able to transmit the details of where she has been. On October 2, at around 11:15am, NX left Hanson’s Cove on the Little Wicomico River in Northumberland, Virginia, and flew roughly 2 miles further north to Vir-Mar Beach, in Virginia’s Northern Neck region. She spent two nights there and during the days explored most of the length of the river before returning to her current home base on the Little Wicomico on October 4.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 07-Oct-11, 11:14:09 AM »

Chris on the Norfolk forum posted this video of Dad & his new lady arriving...

This is really dark… Sunset was at 6:44PM and this video was taken at 6:51. But they came in together and were chattering. Then they chattered some around the nest. One left (which I missed) and then the other one left. This was my first time meeting the new lady and it was exciting! (0:51):

Norfolk Botacal Garden Bald Eagles 05OCT11.wmv

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 07-Oct-11, 11:16:32 AM »

I still feel awful for mom but glad dad found a new mate.  heart  Thanks Ei.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 07-Oct-11, 11:17:52 AM »

Forgot to say...check out the great photos posted in the Photographers Nest thread there.  

I'm not posting direct links to the photos because there have been some photos stolen from there and they've asked that we not copy or post them elsewhere.  I cannot believe people can be that rotten to steal someone's hard work.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: