THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 03:28:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Norfolk Eagles in their new nest  (Read 258338 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 19-Aug-12, 08:07:32 AM »

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/norfolk/safety-of-eagles-in-jeopardy

Eagle nests could be relocated   Video and photos

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 21-Aug-12, 06:57:04 PM »

3 Eagles nests in NBG will be removed:

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/08/norfolk-officials-move-eagles-nests-away-airport

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 26-Aug-12, 12:16:24 PM »

Fireworks, paintballs may be used in eagles' eviction  Norfolk

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/08/fireworks-paintballs-may-be-used-eagles-eviction#comment-1412568

The dispersal plan is being drafted, but the city likely will use paintball guns and pyrotechnics to annoy the eagles, Barras said. The goal is to shoot paintballs and fireworks near the eagles to make them feel uneasy.  crying

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/935/260/788/stop-the-removal-of-the-norfolk-botanical-garden-eagle-nest/ sign if you wish 

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 26-Aug-12, 12:26:01 PM »

Thanks for the link Donna, I am disgusted with them and have signed the petition.  ???
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 26-Aug-12, 12:59:59 PM »

The whole thing is so ridiculous.

We've been down this road. Remove the nest and the birds will find another place. In the same territory. With the same-if not actually greater-risk of plane strikes. The very first Norfolk nest was at the end of the runway. They removed the tree. That nest wasn't safe for the birds or people.  The eagles went to NBG. Where it is now is relatively remote from the airport.

The only thing this does is allow politicians to pat themselves on the back and say they "did something". And they're forcing NBG's hand making it clear they will be held liable if they don't "do something" too. 

So when the next plane strikes whatever unlucky bird happens to be nearby-more likely to be 1 of 1000 geese than 1 of 2 eagles-they can all say "we tried!"

Bull. Period. Petition signed.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 26-Aug-12, 06:31:55 PM »

Who was here first, the Eagles or the Airport?  Nuff said!

bev.
Eyas

Like Count: 12

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 27-Aug-12, 03:19:29 PM »

I am disgusted and signed the petition with comment.

Victoria airport uses boom guns to scare eagles and other birds away. they have a lot more eagles out there. the guns are just a sound. this would make sense here.
I am really ashamed of the powers to be. complete idiots.
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 27-Aug-12, 06:51:35 PM »

I too signed. Can I say I hate some people.   hyper
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 27-Aug-12, 07:17:32 PM »

I signed a few days ago.  Heartbreaking for dad Eagle.  I am disgusted!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 29-Aug-12, 05:28:28 PM »

From Norfolk:

Eagles at Norfolk Botanical Garden
Everyone at the Garden is saddened by the impending removal of the eagle nest. We will miss the joy of the eagles and the daily interaction with our friends in the eagle community.

The Garden's position has been from the start that there should be an effective solution to the airline/bird, or eagle in this case, problem. Only time will tell if removing the nest is a solution. The current course of action, nest removal and dispersion, has been established by the Federal Government. It is necessary for the Garden, which does not own the Garden property and only manages the Garden at the City's prerogative, to follow the City's lead in matters dealing with the Federal Government.

Norfolk Botanical Garden staff will not remove the nest or apply dispersion tactics. These actions will be done by contractors hired by the City or by state or federal authorities.

Thank you very much for your support of the Garden and the eagles.    crying

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 29-Aug-12, 06:14:54 PM »

From Norfolk:

Everyone at the Garden is saddened by the impending removal of the eagle nest. We will miss the joy of the eagles and the daily interaction with our friends in the eagle community.

The Garden's position has been from the start that there should be an effective solution to the airline/bird, or eagle in this case, problem. Only time will tell if removing the nest is a solution. The current course of action, nest removal and dispersion, has been established by the Federal Government. It is necessary for the Garden, which does not own the Garden property and only manages the Garden at the City's prerogative, to follow the City's lead in matters dealing with the Federal Government.

Norfolk Botanical Garden staff will not remove the nest or apply dispersion tactics. These actions will be done by contractors hired by the City or by state or federal authorities.

Sad

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 30-Aug-12, 06:03:14 PM »

From Norfolk:

wouldn't that make the tax payers the owners? as a tax payer I'd say the nest stays and the airport goes.  devil
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 30-Aug-12, 09:20:25 PM »

From Norfolk:

wouldn't that make the tax payers the owners? as a tax payer I'd say the nest stays and the airport goes.  devil

Yeah what she said!  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 31-Aug-12, 07:23:12 AM »

Eagles' fans implore Norfolk not to get rid of nests.

Ardent fans of Norfolk Botanical Garden’s eagles implored city officials Tuesday to wait a year before removing the popular nests. Mayor Paul Fraim responded quickly, telling them no way. “Your argument is not with us,” he said. “It’s with the people with the federal government who tell us what to do.”

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/08/eagles-fans-implore-norfolk-council-not-get-rid-nests

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 06-Sep-12, 10:03:15 PM »

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/norfolk/group-fights-to-keep-eagles-in-norfolk

Group fights to keep eagles in Norfolk

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: