THE FORUM

19-Mar-24, 06:55:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Indy Falcons  (Read 86100 times)
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 31-Mar-17, 07:27:05 PM »

Reported on BCAW that a deceased Peregrine is in the Indy box..no ID yet but maybe Kathy Q.  crying

OMG......how awful and so sad!!!   Sad

The pic on BCAW is awful..looks like it's been there a while.  Someone was supposed to retrieve it for an ID.
Yes, I saw that photo.  What a horror!

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1002

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 31-Mar-17, 07:42:12 PM »

Sad

Peregrines know no borders.....
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 31-Mar-17, 09:21:43 PM »

Reported on BCAW that a deceased Peregrine is in the Indy box..no ID yet but maybe Kathy Q.  crying

OMG......how awful and so sad!!!   Sad

The pic on BCAW is awful..looks like it's been there a while.  Someone was supposed to retrieve it for an ID.
Yes, I saw that photo.  What a horror!

I think she would have been 19 this yr!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 31-Mar-17, 09:30:39 PM »

Yes 19 in May.  Her sister Erin, from the same year, remains and is now the oldest known female falcon alive  I believe.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 07-Apr-17, 11:34:16 AM »

Article about the loss of Kathy Q

http://www.indystar.com/story/life/falcon-blog/2017/04/07/death-falcon-nest-box/100160914/

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 07-Apr-17, 12:44:42 PM »

Good grief, what a way to go! If it is Kathy Q, (which no one is 100% sure), she did what she had to do to protect what is hers!! She lived a Fab life and her legacy will go on!!  heart

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 07-Apr-17, 02:11:21 PM »

Shocked

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 07-Apr-17, 06:09:10 PM »

I still don't think Falcons will be that disturbed if they went up to remove the body. Who came up with that? There have been many instances where workers went up to fix things, people have gone up, (while the falcons were on eggs), to install cameras, (just last week). Some have gone up to remove deceased eyases! The falcons always came back and it was nesting as usual! I'm not a firm believer in "Let Nature Run it's course". I hate when Nat Geo is filming, like last night, I was watching Ostrich chicks in the desert dying because dad O thought the rains would come and they didn't and the chicks were so dehydrated, they were dying! You have water, go give them some, I certainly would, no, just let them die on camera! I told Ed to turn the channel! I try to be OK with death in nature but I'm not. I'll save whatever I can whether you want me to or not! This is just me and this is the way I have always been! (I guess I get it from my dad), he saved every animal that he could!
Heck, they save eaglets!

Sorry but I think she should be removed from the nest! No, I won't watch.  K, I'm done!  Sad

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 07-Apr-17, 06:30:18 PM »

Assuming it's still Senesta there, he was born there and took over the site from Will - I doubt he'd leave as well.. as that's his natal home but not my call.   Sad
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 27-Apr-17, 12:36:53 PM »

The body of KathyQ was retrieved this morning from the nest box as per Gigi on BCAW and positively ID'd as her.

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 27-Apr-17, 12:54:48 PM »

Sad

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 27-Apr-17, 03:34:05 PM »

The body of KathyQ was retrieved this morning from the nest box as per Gigi on BCAW and positively ID'd as her.

I think we all knew but confirmation is hard. So glad they got her out of there but why now, after so much time and it's an active nest?

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 27-Apr-17, 05:03:14 PM »

Gigi said they were afraid the female might leave with the human intrusion - with eggs there it gave her a reason to come back in case the people spooked her.  She's unbanded so she may not have experience with humans intruding on the nest.  Plus they had to wait to get permit to go up there.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 27-Apr-17, 05:46:56 PM »

Gigi said they were afraid the female might leave with the human intrusion - with eggs there it gave her a reason to come back in case the people spooked her.  She's unbanded so she may not have experience with humans intruding on the nest.  Plus they had to wait to get permit to go up there.

Ah, ok...thanks.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: