THE FORUM

18-Apr-24, 12:44:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Groucho and Fancy in Syracuse  (Read 5006 times)
huddiecat
Juvie

Like Count: 44

View Profile
« on: 07-Mar-11, 11:20:43 AM »

Don and I were in Syracuse Saturday and looked for the Syracuse Peregrines.  We found Fancy right away on top of a building downtown, but she flew off when we blinked!  We drove around and found her again on a building at the corner of Washington and Warren.  She kept looking around and preening, and then Groucho flew into sight.  He was stirring up the local pigeons.  He flew behind the buildings and then soared so high we lost sight of him.  We watched Fancy for a while, hoping Groucho would return, but we didn't see him.

On our way out of town on Route 690 a peregrine flew over the car!  When I looked backed I saw what I think was Groucho heading for the buildings in the downtown area, maybe to rejoin Fancy.

Suzanne
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 07-Mar-11, 11:40:13 AM »

Don and I were in Syracuse Saturday and looked for the Syracuse Peregrines.  We found Fancy right away on top of a building downtown, but she flew off when we blinked!  We drove around and found her again on a building at the corner of Washington and Warren.  She kept looking around and preening, and then Groucho flew into sight.  He was stirring up the local pigeons.  He flew behind the buildings and then soared so high we lost sight of him.  We watched Fancy for a while, hoping Groucho would return, but we didn't see him.

On our way out of town on Route 690 a peregrine flew over the car!  When I looked backed I saw what I think was Groucho heading for the buildings in the downtown area, maybe to rejoin Fancy.

Suzanne

How nice Suzanne, keep us posted. I'm lucky a bug flies over the car. LUCKY!!

Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-Mar-11, 06:50:17 PM »

Nice to hear from you...where have you been hiding?  Do you know that "FANCY GROUCHO" has a facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001061270027
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-Mar-11, 08:40:06 PM »

Lucky's a bird, not a bug! rofl

Suzanne

Peregrines know no borders.....
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07-Mar-11, 08:40:44 PM »

Hey Suzanne & Don!  Hope you're both doing well.  Thanks for the report on the Syracuse pefas.   wave

Don and I were in Syracuse Saturday and looked for the Syracuse Peregrines.  We found Fancy right away on top of a building downtown, but she flew off when we blinked!  We drove around and found her again on a building at the corner of Washington and Warren.  She kept looking around and preening, and then Groucho flew into sight.  He was stirring up the local pigeons.  He flew behind the buildings and then soared so high we lost sight of him.  We watched Fancy for a while, hoping Groucho would return, but we didn't see him.

On our way out of town on Route 690 a peregrine flew over the car!  When I looked backed I saw what I think was Groucho heading for the buildings in the downtown area, maybe to rejoin Fancy.

Suzanne

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07-Mar-11, 08:49:50 PM »

Lucky's a bird, not a bug! rofl

Suzanne

Um oh yes, of course! Ok, I'll be HAPPY if a bug flies over my car! Anyone with a bird named HAPPY?? LOL

huddiecat
Juvie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08-Mar-11, 07:04:38 AM »

Hi Joyce and Carol...between work and all the snow we've had this winter, we have not been to Rochester!  A couple of weeks ago we drove around for about 4 1/2 hours in white-out conditions just trying to get to Montezuma to check the mudlock eagles.  We never made it to Montezuma and were thankful we were not one of the many cars we saw upside down off the road!

BTW, the mudlock eagles are sitting on eggs!!!!  YEAH!
Suzanne
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08-Mar-11, 10:50:31 AM »

Hi Joyce and Carol...between work and all the snow we've had this winter, we have not been to Rochester!  A couple of weeks ago we drove around for about 4 1/2 hours in white-out conditions just trying to get to Montezuma to check the mudlock eagles.  We never made it to Montezuma and were thankful we were not one of the many cars we saw upside down off the road!

BTW, the mudlock eagles are sitting on eggs!!!!  YEAH!
Suzanne

Hi Suzanne...it's GREAT to hear from you again! Tell Don I said hello. Hope to see you soon! wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
huddiecat
Juvie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08-Mar-11, 01:19:41 PM »

Hi MAK!!!  Thanks, and I will tell Don you said hello!  I've followed your escapades on this list, but didn't have a chance to post back. 

It has been a LONG winter on the hill here in Ithaca!  We look forward to spring and lots of falcon activity!
Suzanne 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: