THE FORUM

20-Apr-24, 02:36:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hartford - Travelers  (Read 34103 times)
daawizz
Fluffball

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 20-May-11, 04:55:30 PM »

Sorry about the typos, haste makes waste.. for those unable to decipher, that's "waterfront", one of the guys on the floor captured this shot from the web page..
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 21-May-11, 03:49:32 PM »

Sorry about the typos, haste makes waste.. for those unable to decipher, that's "waterfront", one of the guys on the floor captured this shot from the web page..

What a great pic!  clap clap clap

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
daawizz
Fluffball

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 25-May-11, 09:44:55 AM »

Well, it was only a matter of time, The kids have left the box and gone off camera, at least they are all banded and lets hope they stay on the top terrace till the can fledge. At sunrise they were all in the normal pig pile but as you can see, they wandered off one at a time.  Using the every 10 minute archive I have access to at Travelers, here is the sequence of escape  which will be continued on next post..

PS-Note how fast the feathers are taking over their bodies
daawizz
Fluffball

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 25-May-11, 09:49:48 AM »

Last pics-  with a final live shoot of Mom , seemingly irritated that they have de-boxed on their own. Once the puddle drys I assume they will wander back into view, the lip of terrace is a lot bigger and the only the one to hop over to the lower terrace was from last year, fate unknown (their is three more levels going down, and its hard to see from other buildings, but he was never sited)
daawizz
Fluffball

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 25-May-11, 12:38:28 PM »

Well, Mom cornered one back in the box, but it did not last long, you can see 2 back by the vent a hour later, they wandered behind the vent (shade) and have not re-emerged to my knowledge, another suddenly popped up by the box a bit latter, he wandered straight to right thru the water and disappeared too
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 25-May-11, 12:50:21 PM »

Boy these guys are getting big! And what a nice bathtub for them!  Grin

-John Burroughs
daawizz
Fluffball

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 26-May-11, 10:10:44 AM »

So Mom did get 3 of the 4 back into the box for food, but as soon as lunch was over they headed back out, one did a very impressive wing test, amazing how big the span is already
daawizz
Fluffball

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 26-May-11, 10:45:57 AM »

Some local falcon followers were freaking out about the possibility of one of them "going over" again, so i perused the archives and found that most  if not all returned for the night and then definitely all four had breakfast, every other archived shot from today shows no birds, I am guessing that the area off camera has no puddle but maybe they are just camera shy.
daawizz
Fluffball

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 31-May-11, 10:12:42 AM »

This crew is staying on the terrace nicely, Archives from yesterday show all 4 still wandering around, getting bigger by the minute! I have been watching live stream on and off to get a good close up but they tend to avoid the box and walk the perimeter..
daawizz
Fluffball

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 01-Jun-11, 02:40:01 PM »

Shame the epicenter of falcon watching, with legions of fans and high def / multi-angle cameras, is going a eyas-less (sans a miracle re-clutch), Never the less, this year is a banner year for Hartford (we have had our lean years too) and they are rapidly approaching fledging, which with the box location and bad cameras, will most likley once again go undocumented (How do they make that first step of the edge??). I caught the kids hanging around a lot yesterday, today not at all as they are off camera /and/r comatose). One shot is funny, I had just switched to the camera to see one eyas eating some food apparently just dropped of by M or D, When one bolted from background and stole it and ran off.. he eventually shared with all, but I was lucky enough to screen shot the steal..  They are also doing a lot of wings tests flapping around, note one of them has almost zero fluff now,  mostly they just sit on the wall dreaming of flying and pigeons!
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 01-Jun-11, 03:35:57 PM »

thanx They grow up so fast! It seems like only yesterday they were fragile little fluff balls.  Grin

-John Burroughs
daawizz
Fluffball

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 02-Jun-11, 12:15:18 PM »

For those unaware, tornados rolled across western Mass yesterday late afternoon, CT was under a watch but only had isolated T-storms.  Springfield, the worst hit, is only 30 miles up the road! Lucky for Hartford and the eyas we did not even get a rain storm, once passed just south and another just north. Still as the front passed here all the eyas got off the edge and hunkered down near the wall, such instincts!  Also attched some more feeding time and as well as a early AM shot today showing all four still pacing the ledge!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 02-Jun-11, 12:22:33 PM »

They are so huge. We had the same Tornado watch yesterday also, hit PA somewhere and missed us. Thanks for the updates.

daawizz
Fluffball

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 03-Jun-11, 04:56:42 PM »

Kids are no longer walking around, doing a jump fly thing, Mom is doing soaring Demos, Its just a matter of time, Two have no fluff yet, two have some, but not much.. betting by time I return Monday.. two or more will be airborn. Unfortunately can only see streaming feed on internal network here.
daawizz
Fluffball

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 07-Jun-11, 09:57:36 AM »

Following "the fledge" here is always tough, the cameras being limited and the nest nearly impossible to track from other buildings or the street. But I did go thru the 10 minute-interval archives and noted that as of Sunday around noon, all four were still there, and the most in one camera after that was 3 early Monday AM. This morning while watching the live stream I see Mom playing with Camera 2 wire that now hangs loose, only a matter of time before that camera goes dead the way she is pecking at it!  In the background is a sleeping Eyas next to the round corner stone. OKAY, since typing and capturing the first pic, the eyas went out of view, the next archive picture 12 minutes later shows the eyas is up with wings flapping and then Gone?? Did he take off or is he just sleeping behind vent??  Interesting enough Mom is oblivious either way, still fascinated by the dangling wire, Kid flew off?? Yawn
So far today, no other camera shots of Eyas.. could they all be gone??? Mom just bored? I will keep a eye out my window and also at lunch time outside..
Pic 1  - screen shot of mom playing and lump in corner
pic 2 - fledge??
Pic 3 - just mom now..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: